49225 Triggered by Person Detection on Another Camera

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So, it's been a long weekend of learning with setting up a new PC for BI, and I got that done. It would have gone a little easier if I didn't have to run some more ethernet, but it is what it is.
So my situation is that I have a Hikvision DS-2CD208762 I'd like to trigger the 49225 to zoom in and track. I can't even get the darn Hikvision to register it detected a person in BI. I used a browser (I tried IE, but for that camera, it doesn't work) and ended up using Edge to get it set up to only detect "human" events. BI, appears to be picking up motion on that camera, but doesn't appear to be getting that type info from the camera itself. I walked out and tested it...Unless the Hikvision doesn't think I'm human...Didn't think about that (yes that's sarcasm)...
Doing some searching on the internet, I thought that this would fix the problem:
1649633581261.png
But didn't appear to help.

Huh, while I was typing this my remote session into the 49225 zoomed in and tracked some people on the sidewalk...Weird...Though it didn't record...So, I think that's a setting I did in the 49225 that wasn't working before.

Two separate problems.

Anyone have a walk through on how to get a camera to trigger the 49225?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are a few places you need to set this up in Blue Iris, so not sure if you did both of them.

• In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".
  • Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.
  • Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.

Then here is the thread I created on how to make spotter cams for the PTZ: