49225 PTZ sd card error/problem reformatting crashes cam...any trick to try for reformatting it?

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi!...love my 49225 PTZ...still running pretty well....but, it's mounted in a tough to get location....there seems to be an issue with the microSDHC....I want to format it....any attempt leads to a crash of the cam.....any special tricks I could try
to force a reformat which dont include taking the cam down and replacing the card manually? i've tried restoring to defaults, different firmwares etc...anyone else encounter this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with the camera....sounds like the card has died or is in process of dying.

Will probably need to go up and get.

One thing you can try is unpowering it for a bit and turning back on, but that is just kicking the can down the curb.

You could also try the hot swap button and then turn off camera and back on, but again it may be short term if the card is dying.

Those two options got me going on other Dahua cams until I had time to go up and get the card.

Hope you didn't flash it with a firmware that lost autotracking.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this was an earlier 49225...don't think there was ever autotracking for this one...or am I wrong about that??

thanks for the advice!

Has nothing to do with the camera....sounds like the card has died or is in process of dying.

Will probably need to go up and get.

One thing you can try is unpowering it for a bit and turning back on, but that is just kicking the can down the curb.

You could also try the hot swap button and then turn off camera and back on, but again it may be short term if the card is dying.

Hope you didn't flash it with a firmware that lost autotracking.