650hpAMG

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought Fenderman made an excellent point earlier. You're complaining about the updates giving you problems. Go back a few to a version that worked for you and stay there until such time as one of the updates peeks your interest so much that you feel the need to update. A lot of users wait for others to post about a certain update being "stable" for them before they update theirs. Myself, I grab each update as they come down the pike and report any bug I see to Ken immediately.

There is no way in this world you're going to find a better value than BI and a guy that is as approachable when you report a bug as Ken has shown himself to be...
Yep ,I agree 100% with the both of you on that point. I really care less about the hardware acceleration unless it is actually using a real video card. I get that will add some coin to the light bill. :) I was hoping for the Amcrest mic support which they told me is coming. Apart from that, from what I wanted , it went well-back then. My issues have all stemmed from recent updates. But yes, I need to find out which version I had that worked well-for my system. For example: Acti E33, no ghosting for 2 years. Yet with the new hardware acceleration addition, ghosting at 4x. Now ghosting at 1x with the most recent update rendering it unusable. Total CPU usage is around 65% so it does not appear to be a machine specific problem. One issue is that the camera has no iframe interval user setting support, instead it is locked to the user fps setting. Again, never an issue in the past. I read more than I post, joined in 2014, only really vocal now because of the issues. If the error is on my end, then I have no problem apologizing but now with a camera that I cannot use which worked fine for 2 years-how would others feel about that?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
And that proves my point. Cannot accept that Ken's software is going backwards and instead just tell people (Im not the first am I?) to go elsewhere. How about just fix it? As the Admin you should be impartial instead of being part of the problem. I will accept that often it is user settings, etc, however it is not every single time! That should not be difficult to grasp.
Simply because YOU are having a problem doesnt mean the software is going backwards. Its works just fine for me and MOST others. You need to understand that the software supports MANY cameras and system permutations its not going to work 100 percent for each user. The solution is simple. Contact support and GIVE THEM ACCESS TO THE CAMERA. Then return BACK to a previous version until your issue is sorted. Gosh, I dont understand how it can be any more simple than that! I dont need your advice on how I "should" act as admin.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So now you resort to name calling. First you degrade yourself by relentlessly defending him to everyone and now name calling, wow, that helps your cause. Apparently you cannot answer legitimate concerns that I posted and instead blame me (and other users) for everything. First you state it is the users at fault, then you call me out by asking if Ken was allowed to dial in or if I even sent him anything. Then you state you have perfectly running machines. If so, there should be no bug fixes in all of these updates. I'm sorry, but who is the moron?
It appears that I was correct. You started by calling me a liar. Right? So in return I pointed out that you are a moron. Fair is fair. It funny how you get offended when the insult is returned back to you. It is OBVIOUS that you have not dont proper research on how to setup blue iris nor have your opened your camera to support.
As I have stated previously. Paying 60 dollars for a software package does NOT entitled you to FREE PC and network technical support.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, to add ACti E33 does not have Iframe control. It is locked to the user frame rate. I do not expect you or even Ken to know the settings or certain tweaks with every camera, but I also do not expect updates to go backwards. This E33 camera has worked fine for the past 2 years until these recent updates.
SO RETURN TO A PREVIOUS UPDATE. YOU WILL BE IN THE SAME POSITION AS BEFORE. Hardware acceleration is complex, you nee to WAIT until its perfected.

650hpAMG

n3wb
Reaction score
Bit defensive? You have not contributed one bit to this discussion. A quick glance shows there are many issues going on which others are experiencing. If your interpretation is the software is infallible and Ken is perfect, so be it. Many will just be content with issues. A vast majority will not even post or join a forum-I know that from prior forums I owned -and sold for nice coin when they were worth something. I already posted that I did communicate the Amcrest issue to them and what the result was-after you assumed I did not. I did send him (them) an email a few minutes ago with the latest issues. Hopefully there will be some resolution without going back 4 or so versions. Shall see.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, to add ACti E33 does not have Iframe control. It is locked to the user frame rate. I do not expect you or even Ken to know the settings or certain tweaks with every camera, but I also do not expect updates to go backwards. This E33 camera has worked fine for the past 2 years until these recent updates.
You need to spend more time learning about your cameras. This is from the E33 USER MANUAL.
Under VBR mode it is possible to adjust the GOP length - that is the
occurrence rate of I-frames. By default, there is one I-frame per
second. For example, in case of 30fps, there will be 1 I-frame and 29
P-frames every second by default. When the GOP is changed to “1
I-frame per 5 seconds”, then there will be one I-frame, followed by 149
P-frames. In case of the static scenes, long GOP can further minimize
the bandwidth and storage consumption.

650hpAMG

n3wb
Reaction score
It appears that I was correct. You started by calling me a liar. Right? So in return I pointed out that you are a moron. Fair is fair. It funny how you get offended when the insult is returned back to you. It is OBVIOUS that you have not dont proper research on how to setup blue iris nor have your opened your camera to support.
As I have stated previously. Paying 60 dollars for a software package does NOT entitled you to FREE PC and network technical support.
Wow, what a child. YOUR the one that told me to change the iframe setting on my ACTi camera which there is none!

650hpAMG

n3wb
Reaction score
You need to spend more time learning about your cameras. This is from the E33 USER MANUAL.
Under VBR mode it is possible to adjust the GOP length - that is the
occurrence rate of I-frames. By default, there is one I-frame per
second. For example, in case of 30fps, there will be 1 I-frame and 29
P-frames every second by default. When the GOP is changed to “1
I-frame per 5 seconds”, then there will be one I-frame, followed by 149
P-frames. In case of the static scenes, long GOP can further minimize
the bandwidth and storage consumption.
That is not the same as actual iframe interval user setting, I have been there, done that. Why do you continue to believe only you and Ken are perfect and your users are idiots? Your the one that continually have bad information here. I'm done responding to you, insecure people such as yourself I stay far away from. Bye!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Bit defensive? You have not contributed one bit to this discussion. A quick glance shows there are many issues going on which others are experiencing. If your interpretation is the software is infallible and Ken is perfect, so be it. Many will just be content with issues. A vast majority will not even post or join a forum-I know that from prior forums I owned -and sold for nice coin when they were worth something. I already posted that I did communicate the Amcrest issue to them and what the result was-after you assumed I did not. I did send him (them) an email a few minutes ago with the latest issues. Hopefully there will be some resolution without going back 4 or so versions. Shall see.
I did not say its perfect. I said YOU need WAIT until new functions are perfected. You have a common disease which is the "need" to update everything the minuet its released. RELAX. You also need to learn how to use your cameras. See my post above which is indicative of your lack of understanding about the gear you own. This leads me to believe that all your issues are USER error.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is not the same as actual iframe interval user setting, I have been there, done that. Why do you continue to believe only you and Ken are perfect and your users are idiots? Your the one that continually have bad information here.
Its exactly the same. You need a lesson in reading comprehension.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is not the same as actual iframe interval user setting, I have been there, done that. Why do you continue to believe only you and Ken are perfect and your users are idiots? Your the one that continually have bad information here. I'm done responding to you, insecure people such as yourself I stay far away from. Bye!
I never said Ken or I am perfect. You dont seem to understand that you need to wait between updates and LEARN how to use the software and your cameras. What pisses me off is folks who become demanding because they purchased a 60 dollar piece of software and expect phone tech support to resolve their pc and network issues.
Look through the threads you will find that 90 percent of the folks who bitch and moan about issues demanding 24/7 support and complaining about the "Expensive" 60 dollar software and ten dollar mobile app are those who have issues that are self generated due to failure to READ instructions.

biggie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know I am new and really just learning here. However, to question @fenderman about his knowledge or defense of BI seems foolish. I certainly believe that he has 20 PERFECTLY running machines. I have only been into this as a hobby for about three months but he has helped me personally at least 5 times. And to add to that, his first recommendation has always worked to fix my issue. He is usually the first person to respond to requests for help and is almost always the forum member who is responsible for successful resolution of the issue. I think the facts that he has presented about the true bargain that BI is are very true. While it is the cheapest software out there, it is also the closest to being perfect....that is once the user gets everything configured the way it needs to be. Take a deep breath and get in touch with support (purchase advanced support if need be). It sounds like they are more than willing to work with each user who needs help but have to charge in order to be compensated for one on one time.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the facts that he has presented about the true bargain that BI is are very true. While it is the cheapest software out there, it is also the closest to being perfect....that is once the user gets everything configured the way it needs to be. Take a deep breath and get in touch with support (purchase advanced support if need be). It sounds like they are more than willing to work with each user who needs help but have to charge in order to be compensated for one on one time.
Perfectly said.

Warsaws

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HA still not working on my Intel HD 3000 machines (yes, these have Quick Sync or I wouldn't be posting this).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
HA still not working on my Intel HD 3000 machines (yes, these have Quick Sync or I wouldn't be posting this).
what cameras are you using? what os? are you running as a service?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All Hikvision. Win 10 on some and Win 7 on others. I've tried as a service and as console.
So far the machines ive tested have hd 2500 and 4600. Will be updating an intel hd2000 machine soon but no 3000 machines...Do you get an error or simply dont see improvement?

Warsaws

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So far the machines ive tested have hd 2500 and 4600. Will be updating an intel hd2000 machine soon but no 3000 machines...Do you get an error or simply dont see improvement?
No errors. With HA turned on, the machines consistently show zero usage on gpuz, and strangely, the cpu utilization goes up.

I have many 4600 machines using HA beautifully.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No errors. With HA turned on, the machines consistently show zero usage on gpuz, and strangely, the cpu utilization goes up.

Strange....

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

I am not certain of which CPUs have HD 2000 graphics, but if Ken built Blue Iris with the latest Intel Media SDK then according to https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-sdk it would require "3rd Generation (or later) Intel® Core™ processors". Perhaps Ken built it with an older SDK, but there may still be a cutoff point for device support.