Warsaws

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for that information, bp.

dbs0026

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried HA on two different BI computers. One running Intel HD 3000 and the other running Intel HD 4600. Both with the latest drivers on the computer, once HA is enabled, you get a no signal and it won't work.

They are all HIK cameras also, nothing seems to make them work.

Any suggestion?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried HA on two different BI computers. One running Intel HD 3000 and the other running Intel HD 4600. Both with the latest drivers on the computer, once HA is enabled, you get a no signal and it won't work.

Any suggestion?
Are you running windows 7 and blue iris as a service?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So basically if you want to keep it running as a service, which most people would do, you can't run HA.....right?
At this time, yes, its an issue the developer is aware of. Or as Ssayer points out, you can run win 10. I wouldnt say most people run as a service...

dbs0026

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, without flaming, I assume you say move on to Win10, whats that going to gain me? I haven't messed enough with Win7 to want to make the move yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, if you run win10, and it's not a service, what are you going to run it as?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, without flaming, I assume you say move on to Win10, whats that going to gain me? I haven't messed enough with Win7 to want to make the move yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, if you run win10, and it's not a service, what are you going to run it as?
With windows 10 you can run it as a service and use HA.
You dont need to run it as a service. Just uncheck the box that says run as service.

dbs0026

n3wb
Reaction score
With windows 10 you can run it as a service and use HA.
You dont need to run it as a service. Just uncheck the box that says run as service.
Why would you say you don't need to run it as a service? I need mine to start up if the power is out for extended time, etc. The service was the best way I found.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Actually, I run it on Win8.1 (as a service) but that's neither here nor there. It'll work perfectly well on 7 using HA not running it at a service.

dbs0026

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually, I run it on Win8.1 (as a service) but that's neither here nor there. It'll work perfectly well on 7 using HA not running it at a service.

I tested not as service, you are right, runs perfectly fine.

Tikiman1

Banned
Reaction score

Any suggestion?

This is what I get when I enable run as service with HW acceleration enabled. I have 1 Hik, 2 Dahua, & a few foscams. Using a 3570K with HD4000 graphics under Win7 64 bit.

neonate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just to add in OS's that may have issues, I'm running Server 2008 R2. HA and run as service are not compatible, even with a full uninstall and re-install. It would be nice, but even leaving it open minimized with HA, my CPU is still lower then without HA.

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Honestly, I gave up on trying to get Hardware Acceleration running on any of my machines.
I have updates turned off and will only update if I need to. That being said, I wish the release notes were a bit more verbose.

All of my machines are Server 2008 R2
BI as a service
I7-4790K and I7-2600K cpus
The 2600K cps actually perform better for BI than the 4790K in my opinion

Almost all of the cameras are Hik but there are a few others hanging around a some analog cameras off of grandstream D2a.