4.1.4 - August 14, 2015

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
  • A bug fix for the software update prompt at startup
  • When creating new FTP folders, if the command to create the entire tree fails, the fallback is now to create each subfolder in turn
  • Each camera's digital zoom position is now memorized
  • The Schedule control now displays the number of minutes relative to sunrise/sunset as you are adjusting times
  • A timing fix for the "video or snapshot each X min" options on the Record tab which may have caused them to drift from their alignment with the time of day
  • The "Trigger using camera's digital input or motion" option has been expanded to include the popular cameras that use port 34567 including IPC, IPCX, CantonK models.
  • A new option on the camera properties Alerts page offers to fire alerts for re-triggers as well as initial triggers. A re-trigger occurs when the camera is already in the triggered state, but additional motion or other trigger events occur.
  • The Sound alert previously fired continuously during a trigger. Now like other alerts, it fires just once with the initial trigger, but again with re-triggers if the new re-trigger option is enabled.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What was the bug?
I was running BI in service mode and having it check for updates every time I opened the GUI. The bug was that it wasn't doing the update check.

To put it another way, the "Prompt at startup" checkbox had no effect if you ran BI in service mode. It used to work, but broke at some point within the last month or two.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was running BI in service mode and having it check for updates every time I opened the GUI. The bug was that it wasn't doing the update check.

To put it another way, the "Prompt at startup" checkbox had no effect if you ran BI in service mode. It used to work, but broke at some point within the last month or two.
cool