2nd Station - best practices

TLR

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a BI deployment at the house in progress. 12 cameras. Wife wants a TV with the cameras displayed over in the family area which is opposite where the BI station is and not interested in relocating computer nor running a cable that long. . What is the easiest way to always display the cameras on a TV while having the BI console elsewhere?

Have a Raspberry unit that I am using for Ubiquiti Controller and have been playing around with the kiosk mode to display the web interface to BI but not totally happy with that. Have seen posts were someone may buy a NVR solely to display but not sure how a camera will feed two stations? Or do I have have to pick up secondary feeds which in that case I get a lesser picture one place or another.

Just looking for suggestions and best practices.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What exactly do you not like about the raspberry pi?

I have 2 of them running chromium in kiosk mode for 2 years now on 2 monitors in my house and absolutely love them.

Attachments

TLR

n3wb
Reaction score
What exactly do you not like about the raspberry pi?

I have 2 of them running chromium in kiosk mode for 2 years now on 2 monitors in my house and absolutely love them.
Well full disclosure is that I am more frustrated at getting it to operate consistently than anything else. I cannot seem to get it to reliably just come up on boot without something. Frustration got the best of me and thought I would see if there is a better way. I have been running my Ubiquiti controller on it for some time and the thing just runs. Best $40 I have spent. Today I spent some time and I seem to have made progress but now get Chromium did not shutdown correctly do you want to restore. Will continue to plug away as it seems to be a good solution. But always looking for options to improve.