2nd Amendment thread

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow, talk about coincidence.

I was at the gun show today in Conroe TX. I was at a dealer's table looking at a couple of guns right next to the chairs where folks make the purchase and fill out the forms. One lady was trying to buy a pistol and her debit card was 'declined'. So the salesperson called the bank to get authorization. I overheard her say that the purchase was a handgun, -big pause- then she states to the lady "your bank says that they do not allow handgun purchases". The lady grabs the phone from the saleslady and starts reaming them on the phone. People all watching her and backing away. She tells the person on the phone "what right does the bank have to tell me what I can and cannot buy with my own money?" She finally hung up the phone. Told the saleslady to wait a bit as she went out to the lobby to use the ATM.

I don't know what happened after that, but I suspect that she was going to close that account come Monday.
It's going to get much worse. Wait till the banks deploy the ESG scoring system. I would like to know what bank that denied this? My guess is B of A.

Reaction score
. I would like to know what bank that denied this? My guess is B of A.
I do not know. I doubt it was BOAM as I have a few cards from them and have never had an issue buying guns with them. I got a feeling that it was a small, local bank or credit union. But that was just from the very loud conversation from the woman talking to the person on the phone.

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do not know. I doubt it was BOAM as I have a few cards from them and have never had an issue buying guns with them. I got a feeling that it was a small, local bank or credit union. But that was just from the very loud conversation from the woman talking to the person on the phone.
From what I can find, Citi and BoA are two banks that are not gun friendly. Wells due to all its mergers with previous banks have grandfathered a gun friendly stance. But anything can change at any time.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Congress is allocating more than $700 million towards red flag laws in this omnibus bill.

And more:

1. Massive 14.1% ATF Budget Increase to Facilitate Biden’s Pistol Ban
  2. 50% Increase for ATF’s NTC Budget to Maintain the Illegal Near-Billion Record Gun Registry
  3. $700+ Million in Funding Available to Bribe States to Pass “Red Flag” Gun Confiscation Laws
  4. Directing VA Medical Centers to Utilize Confiscation Orders on Vulnerable Veterans
  5. Department of Education to Push “Safe Storage” of Parents’ Firearms
  6. Funding for VA to Maintain “Gun Storage Maps” to Keep Tabs on Where Veterans Keep Guns
  7. New Annual Compensation for Families of Deceased ATF Agents Could be an Indication of Upcoming Gun Confiscation
  8. Gun Control Earmarks for “Orchid Healing Circles” and More!
  9. Dickey Violations Galore While CDC Suppresses Self-Defense Statistics
  10. Programs Discouraging Women from Exercising their Second Amendment Rights
  11. Anti-Gun “Community Violence Intervention” Initiatives
  12. “Violent Anti-Government Ideology” and “Domestic Radicalization Research”

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score
I fear that blanket concealed carry may have unintended consequences but I still am for it under the 2A.
Yes I have mixed feelings about this. Not sure what my true position is.

But maybe it is that I really do not trust anyone else to carry. I am fine with myself being able to carry, but no one else should be allowed. That would work for me. ;)