mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
for fun ...

Experiments in Magnetically-Delayed Blowback

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These Air Guns have come a long way. Anyone have any experience with any of these?

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
These Air Guns have come a long way. Anyone have any experience with any of these?

While not exactly this model you quoted, I have a less expensive Hatsan Flash QE pcp (pre-charged pneumatic) air rifle in the standard .177cal for pest control and it does the job quite well. The only issue is you need a special high pressure hand pump, compressor or some type of compressed air to refill the air reservoir.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While not exactly this model you quoted, I have a less expensive Hatsan Flash QE pcp (pre-charged pneumatic) air rifle in the standard .177cal for pest control and it does the job quite well. The only issue is you need a special high pressure hand pump, compressor or some type of compressed air to refill the air reservoir.
I was just impressed watching a few of the Air Rifle videos. My son is looking into them. He said, Hey Dad, you don't need background checks so no registrations, they are pretty stealthily, that is no gun powder bang, so pretty quiet. I assume cleaning is much easier. Ammo is much cheaper...

I can see where they would have their place, meaning not a replacement for a firearm but may be a good addition... I know in the big city I lived near they had a way to detect gun fire. assuming sound, pretty sure they would not detect air guns, hope criminals don't take note of this.

I have an air compressor ;) :)

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I was just impressed watching a few of the Air Rifle videos. My son is looking into them. He said, Hey Dad, you don't need background checks so no registrations, they are pretty stealthily, that is no gun powder bang, so pretty quiet. I assume cleaning is much easier. Ammo is much cheaper...

I can see where they would have their place, meaning not a replacement for a firearm but may be a good addition... I know in the big city I lived near they had a way to detect gun fire. assuming sound, pretty sure they would not detect air guns, hope criminals don't take note of this.

I have an air compressor ;) :)
Some of them do make a "crack" but nothing like a normal firearm bang. You need a 'special' high pressure compressor that can go up to 4500+ psi, normal compressors can't come close.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Keep the rounds under the speed of sound in the city and crank it up at the range.
There WILL be a crack if supersonic. I have 22 with a can. When I use subsonic rounds,
all one hears is the action cycle. Using supersonic stuff, the crack overcomes the action noise.
But, I have slept since then..