2nd Amendment thread

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So as said before, this is all over our local news everyday with lawyers and everyone giving their opinions. Seems about 2/3s of the lawyers are saying there will be no indictment, that he is protected by Texas law. All of the questions here and concerns have been brought up, the number of shots, why in the back, etc. from what my wife and I have seen, only thing is the local stations cut the video after the first shots so no discussion about how he unload the last shots. The questions why 9 shots and shooting the guy in the back saying he was no longer a threat, some answered stating, would you had rather him face the robber directly while the robber had the advantage of already having his gun out and in his hand while you are still pulling yours out?, most stated he did the right thing, shoot him while he could not shoot back or shoot others. Texas law also state you can protect others, this may be the key to his defense, if needed.

IMO, I think indictment may come down to if there will be public outcry. So far we have not seen much, but if Quannell X and his group jumps on this, it may sway/change things.

One thing is, the guy and his lawyer are fully cooperating with the authorities. From the looks of his old truck and the restaurant he was in, he might not have the money to defend himself if needed, but then he could be a rich frugal guy too.

1673432179850.png

Even if he did not do things right in some people's eyes or the way they think they would of handled it, I hope he is not convicted, it would further fuel the push to disarm the public.

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So as said before, this is all over our local news everyday with lawyers and everyone giving their opinions. Seems about 2/3s of the lawyers are saying there will be no indictment, that he is protected by Texas law. All of the questions here and concerns have been brought up, the number of shots, why in the back, etc. from what my wife and I have seen, only thing is the local stations cut the video after the first shots so no discussion about how he unload the last shots. The questions why 9 shots and shooting the guy in the back saying he was no longer a threat, some answered stating, would you had rather him face the robber directly while the robber had the advantage of already having his gun out and in his hand while you are still pulling yours out?, most stated he did the right thing, shoot him while he could not shoot back or shoot others. Texas law also state you can protect others, this may be the key to his defense, if needed.

IMO, I think indictment may come down to if there will be public outcry. So far we have not seen much, but if Quannell X and his group jumps on this, it may sway/change things.

One thing is, the guy and his lawyer are fully cooperating with the authorities. From the looks of his old truck and the restaurant he was in, he might not have the money to defend himself if needed, but then he could be a rich frugal guy too.

View attachment 150630

Even if he did not do things right in some people's eyes or the way they think they would of handled it, I hope he is not convicted, it would further fuel the push to disarm the public.
Yes, the local news stations cut the video short. I wasn't aware he continued to shoot until his mag was empty until I saw the entire video on this forum.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, the local news stations cut the video short. I wasn't aware he continued to shoot until his mag was empty until I saw the entire video on this forum.
You mean the Texas media isn't so liberal as to show just the emptying of the mag part to build up public outcry?

I can think of many parts of the country where that would be the only part of the video shown.

I guess Texas media supports the 2nd amendment.

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You mean the Texas media isn't so liberal as to show just the emptying of the mag part to build up public outcry?

I can think of many parts of the country where that would be the only part of the video shown.

I guess Texas media supports the 2nd amendment.
Naw, they just cut it short so they could run more commercials! lol

Reaction score
One other thought-- If the autopsy can show that the first four rounds effectively caused fatal injuries-- then the other 5 rounds fired do not matter. If the autopsy shows the first four did not produce fatal injuries, that's another story.

The perp deserves the karma sandwich he was served either way-- I just hope the life of this shooter is not ruined.

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

View attachment 150630
[/QUOTE
I haven’t personally seen the video, but a coworker told me today that he saw Quannel X being interviewed on the news with the perp’s mother..

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One thing that comes to mind, the shooter looked like he had rage and anger if you watch more of the video, even when he throws the BB Gun across the room when it hits the wall, I have not personally been Robbed but if so I would had similar anger. Was it justified to put more bullets in the Robber? Was it justified to kick the guy on the way out? Also, why did the guy leave and not wait for the police? Watching the mother say when someone shoots an animal one time hunting and her son getting shot multiple times as a human has me thinking a bit differently about this...
Truthfully, I can't say how I would of reacted...Anger is a strong emotion and everyone controls it differently...

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The Interview with the Robber's Mother:

I didn't watch it, but from the mother's who are interviewed by dead thugs in our area the interview usually goes like this.

Mother of dead thug: muh beebeeee ain't ever dun anything wrong!! He was always a good boouy and got mixed with the wrong crowd.

Of course I've never seen a interview where they interview the dead thugs dad (sperm doner)

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I was reading an article about how there seems to be a shift to the right politically among Jewish people and how more are now carrying weapons. Here is a line from that article:

There's a local gun group for Jewish gun owners in Boca Raton called "lox and glocks."