2CD2732F-is / 5.2.5 bugs

nugget

n3wb
Reaction score
i got such a cam from China.

the serial contains "CCWR", on the cover of the cam is the company name and some chinese writing.
the box did mention 5.3.0 but it came with 5.2.5 multilanguage as advertised so i assume
seller must have downgraded it.

i believe i have found some bugs which i hope others can confirm

1>event - motion detection :
when enabled i do receive an email for this event.
the "dynamic analyses" option is enabled but i cannot seem to create that green grid, only red.

2> storage - recording :
it records when set on continuous but when i set it to motion detection it does not record anything
(i still do get the event emails)

same when using "motion|alarm".
using the "intrusion detection" event; i get emails but set to record this also does not record anything.

3> "line crossing detection " : only got 1 line to choose from. i get emails but no recording

the current latest official 5.3.0 firmware note does not mention anything of this.
i could try that fw but then i will probably brick my cam.

not recording anything with motion detection seems the biggest problem so far.

http://postimg.org/image/91j7erkvd/

Last edited by a moderator:

nugget

n3wb
Reaction score
i am a bit surprised no one can confirm this issue.
after all this fw should be on alot devices by now

Rellim

n3wb
Reaction score
2> storage - recording :
it records when set on continuous but when i set it to motion detection it does not record anything
(i still do get the event emails)
From memory, if your motion sensitivity is set to zero you will get the notification email but no recording of the event. I vaguely remember this happening to me and finding the zero setting by accident. I'm using f/w 5.2.5 and successfully record motion events on an nvr.

nugget

n3wb
Reaction score
From memory, if your motion sensitivity is set to zero you will get the notification email but no recording of the event. I vaguely remember this happening to me and finding the zero setting by accident. I'm using f/w 5.2.5 and successfully record motion events on an nvr.

hi
my sensitivity is set above zero.
i'm gonne buy myself a nvr and let that device do the intelligence.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi
my sensitivity is set above zero.
i'm gonne buy myself a nvr and let that device do the intelligence.
The NVR is may not solve your problem..its still relies on the camera to tell it when to record....are you using a known good card? post all the settings including linkages...

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the green grid to appear, you should 'Enable' the 'Rules' on the 'Local Configuration' page.

And for the recording, you should make sure that on the Motion Detection page (at the bottom) 'Trigger Channel' is selected.

nugget

n3wb
Reaction score
For the green grid to appear, you should 'Enable' the 'Rules' on the 'Local Configuration' page.

And for the recording, you should make sure that on the Motion Detection page (at the bottom) 'Trigger Channel' is selected.
yes thats it thanks and its literally written in the manual !
i feel like an ### overlooking this simple option.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you log into the cameras and navigate to Basic Configuration > System...

...does the serial number which is displayed by the camera web firmware MATCH the serial number on the outside of the box AND does it match the serial number on the sticker on the outside of the camera?

nugget

n3wb
Reaction score
When you log into the cameras and navigate to Basic Configuration > System...

...does the serial number which is displayed by the camera web firmware MATCH the serial number on the outside of the box AND does it match the serial number on the sticker on the outside of the camera?
i assume the serial is the set of 9 digits after the CCWR ?
nothing on the box that matches those.
i cannot inspect anymore to find out what is written on that.
why are you asking?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i assume the serial is the set of 9 digits after the CCWR ?
nothing on the box that matches those.
i cannot inspect anymore to find out what is written on that.
why are you asking?
What is the "Serial No." when you log into the camera's web interface and navigate to "Basic Configuration" > "System"?