2cd2342 power supply requirements

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Guys i foobard a damn dome 2cd2342, i dont have an nvr here or an injector but i do have various 12v power supplys that might do the trick to power it so i can reset the thing

could one of you kindly give me the power specs so i dont blow the cam

cheers

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the link PSP, unfortunately i have not got a clue about watts to volts to amps to ....

i have found a 12v 800ma 9.6va wall adapter ...will that do the job ??
The specs simply state .3af power (min 12.95W delivered to the device). This ends up equating to a hair over 1A (given 12V adapter).
But...just because the spec calls for .3af power, it doesn't mean that it actually will use all that .3af can deliver. It's possible that the 12V 900mA adapter will work. It equates to 10.8W. Even if it's not enough, it won't harm the camera. If it's borderline, it may act buggy...or flakey...or be unreliable. Bottom line, go for it.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The specs simply state .3af power (min 12.95W delivered to the device). This ends up equating to a hair over 1A (given 12V adapter).
But...just because the spec calls for .3af power, it doesn't mean that it actually will use all that .3af can deliver. It's possible that the 12V 900mA adapter will work. It equates to 10.8W. Even if it's not enough, it won't harm the camera. If it's borderline, it may act buggy...or flakey...or be unreliable. Bottom line, go for it.
Hik recommend 5.5watts !

if 12v 800mah equates to 10.8w surely a brick will be born

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hik recommend 5.5watts !

if 12v 800mah equates to 10.8w surely a brick will be born
Nope...sorry. You don't understand some basics of electronics.
The power available isn't 'forced' onto the device. Only the voltage is. The current can be thought of as a 'capacity'. All 12V will be forced and the the power supply will deliver as much current as the device needs (assuming it has enough current capacity).
Where things could go poof is if the power supply were something like 18V or higher.

Just looked at the back of my 2342. On the sticker, it says 7.5W 'max'. :) So I think you're good with that adapter.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope...sorry. You don't understand some basics of electronics.
The power available isn't 'forced' onto the device. Only the voltage is. The current can be thought of as a 'capacity'. All 12V will be forced and the the power supply will deliver as much current as the device needs (assuming it has enough current capacity).
Where things could go poof is if the power supply were something like 18V or higher.

Just looked at the back of my 2342. On the sticker, it says 7.5W 'max'. :) So I think you're good with that adapter.
agreed, i dont, i am terrible with this stuff tbh, non the less using an old Linksys router power adapter i finally have it working, the adapter will now become my kept in a place easy to find in case its needed adapter

Think i will reset the cam back to factory settings and then re install it back in the system and let the NVR reconfig it so its happy, note to self, if its working perfectly DONT F**K WITH IT