264 vs 264B vs 264H ?

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have a new cam (2831) and noticed that I now have the B and H options. But after spending some time searching, I'm not finding anything clear that describes the differences in these 3 formats. Anyone able to comment on the primary attributes of each...compared to the other? (Good, Better, Best)??

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
B= Baseline older slower better for older systems with less cpu
H= Higher Profile can handle more features
This being said, You will have to mess and test your systems to see what is better for you, Record some video in both and see how it reacts with playback. Google it ..lots of info out there on it.

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
B= Baseline older slower better for older systems with less cpu
H= Higher Profile can handle more features
This being said, You will have to mess and test your systems to see what is better for you, Record some video in both and see how it reacts with playback. Google it ..lots of info out there on it.
Thanks. That gets me started. But...did spend 10 or so minutes already doing some Googl'ing and was shocked at the lack of results on this topic. That's why I ended up posting this thread. :)

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure if my definitions are technically correct but it puts you in the neighborhood:winktongue:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And providing direct link to the article where H264B or H264H are explained is ofc beyond your dignity
Of course not. But with such a question, I'll wager you have no idea what the quote below has to do with anything you've read in this thread:

"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime."

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks. That gets me started. But...did spend 10 or so minutes already doing some Googl'ing and was shocked at the lack of results on this topic. That's why I ended up posting this thread. :)
I know I'm not adding anything of value to this thread, but I do have to laugh at the fact that after 10 minutes it all became too hard. I'm sure that is a generation y or x or z (or whatever the newer lot are called these days) thing.

Webfont

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Of course not. But with such a question, I'll wager you have no idea what the quote below has to do with anything you've read in this thread:

"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime."
You can't even get the quote right. It's Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime. Come on man.