2431's randomly cut out/reboot

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got 2 of them in 3.6mm and they will reboot or something for a minute. Seems to be random. My other 2 cameras (2385 and 5442) aren't doing this.

The wiring is solid, I ran the cat5e and tested it myself.

When the cams go down they are pingable but their web interface doesn't load. Actually I don't know if they are pingable for entire duration such as right as it goes down.

Any ideas ? Oh it isn't too frequent maybe once a day checking last 2 days of footage. Not at the same time either since auto-maintain reboot is disabled.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you use solid copper cable, not copper clad aluminum?
Did you crimp the RJ45s onto the cable.
Did you use the 568b standard for the rj45's.
How did you test.
Did you properly waterproof the outdoor connections.
Lots of times, the issue's you are experiencing are cable related.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes Solid copper.
Yes crimped using crimper.
Yes 568b.
Ethernet cable tester device thingy.
Yes waterproof adapters. Also no rain recently when reboot happened on both.

I'm certain the cables are fine. For example ping went through but device was rebooting. Oddly only the 4231 did this not my other 2 cams.

Maybe it's a firmware thing ? Auto delete files was checked so I unchecked it. Not sure if that does anything since no SD card in cams.

EDIT: Both 2431 went out for EXACTLY 1min 1sec or so at different times. Very odd. Looking back they did similar. I think its some kind of hardware or firmware thing that's causing reboot.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Try hooking them up one at a time and see if the problem persists

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Put them on a bench with a premade cable and leave them running to see if they do the same thing.
Well I don't want to take them down. Just had an incident last night and early morning. I need cams running 24/7 now.

Reaction score
I have two T243T-AS cams in 2.8mm that have been running 24/7 for more than four months and have never re-booted.

Firmware versions:
V2.800.0000000.3.R 8/16/2019
V2.800.0000000.13.R 2/22/2020

In just about every thread I have seen here in two years, when someone is having cam go offline or reboot, it is almost always the ethernet cable or crimped connectors.

Also, the "Ethernet cable tester device thingy" just tells you if the two ends of the cable have the same pin-outs. It tells you nothing about the quality of the connections or if the plug is cracked or a pin is loose. It also says nothing about a crimp/too tight bend in the cable, a gash in the jacket, or moisture anywhere along the line or in the connections.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have two T243T-AS cams in 2.8mm that have been running 24/7 for more than four months and have never re-booted.

Firmware versions:
V2.800.0000000.3.R 8/16/2019
V2.800.0000000.13.R 2/22/2020

In just about every thread I have seen here in two years, when someone is having cam go offline or reboot, it is almost always the ethernet cable or crimped connectors.

Also, the "Ethernet cable tester device thingy" just tells you if the two ends of the cable have the same pin-outs. It tells you nothing about the quality of the connections or if the plug is cracked or a pin is loose. It also says nothing about a crimp/too tight bend in the cable, a gash in the jacket, or moisture anywhere along the line or in the connections.
Maybe you are right. My 5442 also had a reboot.

This doesn't really make sense because I'm certain I know how to crimp it right. Done it before many times no issues for regular networking and no disconnects.