24 hour recording

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Still learning my way around BI. I have one camera I want to record continuous and after 24 hours move from New to Stored as 1 file. It will stay in New as one file but not move to Stored.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Still learning my way around BI. I have one camera I want to record continuous and after 24 hours move from New to Stored as 1 file. It will stay in New as one file but not move to Stored.
You need to adjust the clips and archiving to move the new to stored after 24 hours. If you only want to do this for one camera, then setup an aux folder and have the camera record there instead of new, then set it to move the new to stored after 24 hours. If you are using only a single harddrive, there is no point to moving into the stored folder at all.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes I want to do this for just 1 camera. In the camera settings it only gives options for New or Stored, does not allow for Aux. When you say move after 24 hours do I use the "Combine or cut video" and set to 24 hours? I have multiple drives and want this one camera on it's own drive to make it easier to search a particular day.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I want to do this for just 1 camera. In the camera settings it only gives options for New or Stored, does not allow for Aux. When you say move after 24 hours do I use the "Combine or cut video" and set to 24 hours? I have multiple drives and want this one camera on it's own drive to make it easier to search a particular day.
It will allow for aux once you setup an aux folder in clips and archiving. Combine and cut has nothing to do with this. Simply set the aux folder to move to the stored.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It will allow for aux once you setup an aux folder in clips and archiving. Combine and cut has nothing to do with this. Simply set the aux folder to move to the stored.
Great, but how do I set it so the recording is for 24 hours? I would like to search by day.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great, but how do I set it so the recording is for 24 hours? I would like to search by day.
You can search by day regardless of whether you set a single file each 24hours. Having a large file like that complicates things when opening. I would set combine and cut to 8 hours or so. Just use the blue iris calendar to search. There is no need for a separate disk. Not sure what benefit you are looking for.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm looking to keep this one camera by itself and have recordings set for a file for each day. If I wanted to look at 2/15/2016 then I could look at that 24 hour period only.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking to keep this one camera by itself and have recordings set for a file for each day. If I wanted to look at 2/15/2016 then I could look at that 24 hour period only.
There is no point in doing that. Setting one large file each day is not a good idea, it will result in a huge file that will require lots of resources to open. There is ZERO benefit to doing so. You can already view files by day simply by using the clips calendar, select the day then selecting the "selected camera only" icon and click on the camera.