2 HDW5831R-ZE unauthenticated in VMS this AM after time change

grapedaddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Running firmware V2.800.0000026.0.R, Build Date: 2022-08-22

Did anyone else see anything similar?

Rebooting the cameras and restarting the VMS service did not help. The NXwitness VMS can no longer authenticate to (only) these 2 cameras. Logging into the cameras via Chrome works fine. All the clocks are accurate via NTP on the cameras, VMS server and client. None of my other cameras were affected. I can’t drop and re-add the cameras to the VMS, because authentication would be required.

Time changed to DST at 2:00AM. The 2 cameras were unauthenticated at 06:37AM. The fact that 2 cameras were affected AND the time changed couldn’t be a random failure or a coincidence.

I’m guessing some sort of digest authentication problem related to time with that firmware, but I’m stumped. Any ideas?

Thank you.

---end---

grapedaddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you. With that information I was able to mitigate the problem by touching the times in the camera settings. I turned off DST, turned it back on and then switched back and forth between 12hr and 24hr modes a couple of times. That got my cameras back in my VMS for now.

I'm now guessing this happened when the time change on the server and the time change on the cameras happened at slightly different times perhaps being also confounded on NTP syncs. It is a bit worrisome that it is that fragile.
---end---