2 Cameras at night with unusual abberations

Reaction score
Not really a BlueIris issue, but in the last year at one installation 2 cameras exhibit slight fogging affects, but seems only at night and independent of external conditions. At first thought maybe bottom one was IR interference, but just turned IR off and no affect. Not cold enough (50's now) to be fogging due to some condensation (at least I wouldn't think). Anyone have any other ideas? Both cameras are clear as anything during the twilight and day. Top one could just be ambient light and very high position ... but bottom one was fine 6 months ago....cam-example.JPG

cam-example.JPG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since you ruled out IR bounce, it looks like they need a good cleaning or they have been cleaned too much and have microscopic abrasions that become more apparent in the nighttime. Or sun faded.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've had something like that happen to a camera due to condensation inside the camera. It only fogged up at night. I brought the camera inside the house, opened it up to let it dry out, and replaced the desiccant pack with a new one. Problem fixed.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup. I've had to do the same thing. A bullet started fogging because the seal went bad between the front/lens cover and the body.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.