18 cameras: Monitor suggestions ?

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Slowly putting things together for a planned 18 camera system, all Dahua 2MP for most part. I’m thinking 27” monitor would be a minimum. The only use this monitor will get is with dedicated BI system so I don’t need the latest and greatest. I did look into using a TV but in reading it appears recommendation is using a monitor. Size not a major issue, we are about to break ground on a new house so I don’t want to be frivolous. Suggestions ?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can usually get a 43 inch 4K TV for $200. It is really hard to beat that, if you have room for it.

But, a word of warning, Blue Iris is really inefficient at drawing video to the screen, and it gets worse the higher the resolution is. So be prepared to limit the live preview frame rate and/or not run the TV at native 4K resolution depending on how much CPU time you have to spare.

My i7-8700K runs at 20-25% with the console closed, or 45-50% with it open and large on a 4K display. That means just rendering to my 4K TV is fully HALF of the CPU load on my system. And this is with the benefit of feeding the TV from a discrete graphics card (which offloads quite a bit of the rendering work from the CPU).

Last edited:

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
Dell makes a fine 32” display that I purchased at Costco for $150.00. I bought 12 for our office workstations. That was a year ago...no issues yet.
Wow $150.....bargain! Those 32" Dell are ~$2,000 In Australia.
Love my old Dell 30", Also love my crossover Korean 30" monitor (same panel as samsungs) that was 1/4 the price from Ebay.. There's hundreds of pages of discussion on whirlpool (australian tech forums) about these Korean monitors. The preferred vendor, gives great service.
34" - $580
32" - ~$400
If I could get a dell 30" for $150 i'd be all over it.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dell makes a fine 32” display that I purchased at Costco for $150.00. I bought 12 for our office workstations. That was a year ago...no issues yet.
What model # is that @Q ?