12mm DS-2CD2032-I

railcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We have installed a 12mm bullet hik but the colour quality is very poor, it can be viewed at the following URL to see what I mean
http://www.camsecure.co.uk/webcam/RCSanquhar.html
The Infrared does not appear to be working after dark either. Because the camera has been installed at a location that we have no immediate direct access i am reluctant to try reinstalling the firmware in case it does not work and we loose the feed altogether. We suspect it might be a problem with the Infrared cut off filter.

The current firmware version is V5.0.2 130805 which I think is the latest.
Can anybody advise whether it is worth trying to reinstall the firmware, I dont want to do it if it will be of no use.

Thanks in advance for any advice

hereu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Railcam

The trouble with that cam is that the IR is only rated at 20m. Real life it will only probably be good for around 10m. You could use additional IR lighting to give it a better range.

You will have adjustment settings if you log into the cameras IP from a browser.

I would also recommend you lower the cam picture below the skyline and also the window line.

Small world. I also do some work in that small town.

railcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks for the reply, the infrared does not come on after dark so I dont think the sky line is effecting it. I have tried it on auto, day and night as well as scheduled but to no avail. I am convinced its the IR cut off but its just a case of fixing it somehow, preferably through the firmware

hereu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I Don't think it will be anything to do with the firmware.

Have you checked IR is turned on in the camera settings?

Attachments

railcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi. Yes, Smart IR is on. Which firmware have you got there? Ours looks quite different. It lacks the collapsible menus.

railcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, but unfortunately, our camera is a different model and doesn't have the System>Service menu.

railcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like success, after updating the firmware to V5.1.2 build 140116from the existing V5.0.2 130805 it seems to have done the trick. The menus shown above are now available and the feed is much better. The proof will be after dark i guess but so far so good.

thanks to all who replied

railcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It was probably the firmware revision that was different rather than the cam.

The good news is that after updating the firmware, it seems to be behaving. Thanks for your help