120-180 degree camera with stitched image.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am trying to test lpr on cameras with multiple lenses with stitched image which covers between 120 degree to 180 degree.
Thanks in advance.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did select this camera (IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M)
not sure if it will give me LPR with a distance of 20 meters between the camera and the intrusion line. what size of lens do you guys recommend (it will be mounted 10m high and will watch 39m left and 39m right total of 78 meters.

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you are going to need more focal length at 20m. At least 12mm I’d guess and I don’t think that would be enough.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
not sure if it will give me LPR with a distance of 20 meters between the camera and the intrusion line. what size of lens do you guys recommend (it will be mounted 10m high and will watch 125m left and 125m right total of 250 meters.
You need to study here: LPR | IP Cam Talk

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
not sure if it will give me LPR with a distance of 20 meters between the camera and the intrusion line. what size of lens do you guys recommend (it will be mounted 10m high and will watch 125m left and 125m right total of 250 meters.
Hi @rahhazar

I do like the IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M, however not for longer distance image capture.

You will need a tighter FOV as noted by @biggen to capture license plates at 20 meters... see the DORI section of the cliff notes iirc 80ppf is needed for a good license plate capture if the plate is basically straight on to the camera.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @rahhazar

I do like the IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M, however not for longer distance image capture.

You will need a tighter FOV as noted by @biggen to capture license plates at 20 meters... see the DORI section of the cliff notes iirc 80ppf is needed for a good license plate capture if the plate is basically straight on to the camera.
the correct distance is 10m high and will watch 39m left and 39m right total of 78 meters. I made a mistake there.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
lets see if i can find another booby camera that can do this job.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I want the whole 78 meters under fov too for this to work.:banghead:
Not gonna work like that. You can use three cameras: One for the overview using the boobie and then two for dedicated LPR usage. That is the typical setup anyway. Always need an overview cam in addition to a LPR camera.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the correct distance is 10m high and will watch 39m left and 39m right total of 78 meters. I made a mistake there.
Hi @rahhazar

You are going to need to open up your piggy bank to meet those requirements as that requires a significantly better set of cameras / or one massive single unit composed of multiple cameras.

Normally using multiple cameras works better for your budget to meet the requirements you have spec'ed out.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not gonna work like that. You can use three cameras: One for the overview using the boobie and then two for dedicated LPR usage. That is the typical setup anyway. Always need an overview cam in addition to a LPR camera.
hmmm let's see if I can find a guy through Upwork to make them work together for me and how all plates in my overview feed.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @rahhazar

You are going to need to open up your piggy bank to meet those requirements as that requires a significantly better set of cameras / or one massive single unit composed of multiple cameras.

Normally using multiple cameras works better for your budget to meet the requirements you have spec'ed out.
i have a budget of 50k for this project any thing under that amount does the job.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
welp welp, the guy o UPWORK struck me with $80k ask to create an application and have the license plates from lpr camera appear in overview camera feed on each vehicle.