11 Blue Iris Tips for Awesome PC PERFORMANCE

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I found this video while surfing around a few days ago and finally got around to using some of these settings. I thought it was a great and informative video, especially for someone like me just starting out. I'm not sure I the presenter is part of this forum or not. But either way it might help someone out here. I didn't come across it when I searched the threads but maybe it lives here somewhere. Either way I'd be interested to see what the Veterans have to say or add.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Mehhh. I wonder what he'd think of my setup running with the CPU running at about 6% with 22 cameras, no hardware acceleration and writing to mechanical disks only. I also wonder how expert he actually is if he's using Wyse and Reolink. He also never mentions using UI3 to view or review video remotely which makes me wonder if he even know it's there for that purpose. 33 minutes I'll never get back.

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mehhh. I wonder what he'd think of my setup running with the CPU running at about 6% with 22 cameras, no hardware acceleration and writing to mechanical disks only. I also wonder how expert he actually is if he's using Wyse and Reolink. He also never mentions using UI3 to view or review video remotely which makes me wonder if he even know it's there for that purpose. 33 minutes I'll never get back.
Thank you for wasting it for us. I stopped watching after 7 minutes and 37 seconds.

Rob2020

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for saving me 30 minutes :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To be fair, the video is over a year old and BI has had some improvements, but yeah, certainly many things that go against what we have found to be useful here.

I still think the best bet is to follow our optimization wiki that is updated as new items are found or introduced - maybe someone needs to make a video LOL.

But yeah, he is a Reolink lover LOL. In fact, I have screenshot some of his videos in our master Reolink thread LOL:

What you mean a missing hand isn't normal LOL :lmao:

1662587264612.png

How about missing everything but the head and upper torso :lmao:

The invisible man, where can he be. Thank goodness he is carrying around a reflective plate to see where he is LOL (hint - the person is literally in the middle of the image at the end of the fence)

I've seen better images on an episode of ghost hunters :lmao:

1662587295126.png

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I knew he was going to get scorched for the reolinks.
I have one 5442t ze set up in my garage on a test run and what I can see from the far corner of the room through the garage windows and across the street on the neighbors porch is better than that last image with the blurry house and invisible man.