100ft+ of HDMI for NVR

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone ran 100ft+ of HDMI cable to display their NVR on a screen elsewhere?

Want to know how reliable it is.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven't but I am using hdmi extender over cat6 cables to my lcd monitor at 125ft away from my nvr. Passive one about $30 and active about $50.

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’ve got 50’ at 1080p 60hz and I’ve got 25’ at 1440p 75hz. I was leery about being able to run that on them at first but now I believe I could probably run a higher resolution or even achieve that at a longer distance.

Not so sure about 100’ though. No more then decent cables are it would be worth a try. Just don’t pull it in the attic before testing really well. Then when you pull it pull 2 and a couple of cat cables with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve got 50’ at 1080p 60hz and I’ve got 25’ at 1440p 75hz. I was leery about being able to run that on them at first but now I believe I could probably run a higher resolution or even achieve that at a longer distance.

Not so sure about 100’ though. No more then decent cables are it would be worth a try. Just don’t pull it in the attic before testing really well. Then when you pull it pull 2 and a couple of cat cables with it.

This distance will depend on how powerful a signal the device puts out and how sensitive the receiving monitor/tv is. On the same exact cable some devices will work others wont. Also any couplers or keystone jacks will dramatically reduce the distance.

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This distance will depend on how powerful a signal the device puts out and how sensitive the receiving monitor/tv is. On the same exact cable some devices will work others wont. Also any couplers or keystone jacks will dramatically reduce the distance.
Yeah I completely agree. I’m not a fan of couplers or jacks. My experience has been with a Mac, Apple TV, and a pc with a nvidia quadro gpu. Few different monitors and a cheap tv.