10 Camera System Install - No Internet Access

YEOLJB

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a 10 cameral system from Empire Tech with the T54IR-AS-S3-2.8mm cameras. The system will be installed on a 50'x100' commercial style metal building with most of the cameras installed on the exterior and 2-3 cameras installed on the interior. Before I pull the trigger on the purchase I want to make sure I won't have any problems. The building does not have internet service so I'm concerned that I could have problems setting up the system. Do I need web access to setup or run this system? If so, I guess I could always use my phone as a hot spot to set it up but there will not be internet access to run this system. Will that be a problem? The only problem I can think of is I won't have remote viewing access to the cameras. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No you dont need internet access. yes you can and should use a web browser to set up the system, you'd need to be connected to the local LAN, as would the NVR, but not the internet.

Alternately you can hook up a monitor and mouse to the NVR itself and not require even local network

Without internet access you wont be able to access the system remotely, correct.

YEOLJB

n3wb
Reaction score
No you dont need internet access. yes you can and should use a web browser to set up the system, you'd need to be connected to the local LAN, as would the NVR, but not the internet.

Alternately you can hook up a monitor and mouse to the NVR itself and not require even local network

Without internet access you wont be able to access the system remotely, correct.
"Alternately you can hook up a monitor and mouse to the NVR itself and not require even local network"
This is my plan.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Adding a comment to this correct statement, the user interface between direct connect and web browser access is pretty different, and I much prefer the web browser interface. You just type the NVR's IP address as the browser's destination, and log into the NVR. Using IE works the best.

YEOLJB

n3wb
Reaction score
Adding a comment to this correct statement, the user interface between direct connect and web browser access is pretty different, and I much prefer the web browser interface. You just type the NVR's IP address as the browser's destination, and log into the NVR. Using IE works the best.
Just to clarify. Are you talking about using the web browser interface for the initial system setup? If so, I'm sure I can use a mobile hotspot to set it up.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Just to clarify. Are you talking about using the web browser interface for the initial system setup? If so, I'm sure I can use a mobile hotspot to set it up.
You don't need internet, just a computer on the network with a web browser.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just because you are using a web browser doesn't mean you need internet. No mobile hotspot needed.

Simply open up Internet Explorer (yeah we know LOL but it is still available) and the IP address of the NVR and you are in the system with no internet needed.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On the Dahua NVR for the very first initial setup tasks, you’ll need that monitor and mouse. After that as stated, the web browser interface is much better.
No Internet needed for either