Yard Work

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Just stick some rebar or other metal sticks in the ground, paint it green if you want.
When he weed eats, it will keep breaking his string.:cool:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score
I am sorry that your neighbor acts this way. I am fortunate that on my block, we all get along great and watch out for one another. Be careful of people with tempers such as this.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
He is a poor soul. His wife packed up and left 2 weeks ago. We do feel sorry for him but, all steer clear of him.
We had a terrible freeze this past winter that killed the electricity for days. They were not home as they took off
before the nasty weather hit. All the neighborhood pulled together. We dipped water out of one's pool to flush
toilets as water pumps were down in the city!

Long story longer; His pipes froze water was about 4 inches deep in his house. OH WELL.....

The Bravest Marine I've seen in a long time...
Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does this person have any troubles with the next neighbor down the road?
(on the other side of his yard).

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Poor guy is isolated. Al and Hazel (the other side) retired too and stay inside keep to themselves. He "picked" me when he moved in.
So, I went back to his old neighborhood and talked to his old neighbors. Problems with both neighbors with the city code
enforcement guys, well you know that story. Same crap there too as well as an address in different state (had friends check
him out in Cali.). Union problems too!

PD has already taken some of his firearms because he pulled it on his ex-wife 2 ago.

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm sure there is history as indicated above. But in this scenario, if him standing on your railroad tie to weed whack the part of the fence he cant get from his side is causing you trouble, then you may want to look into better ways to handle this. It really seems petty on your part. Just my opinion and there's obviously more to the story.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think he mentioned in another thread that this dude is just that way and terrorized previous neighborhoods he lived in.

mcapeed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been dealing with a neighbor's boundary issues (literally) for 4-5 years now.

Keeping a short leash demeanor with them seems to be the lesser of what could be has been.

I concede, my puddle of $h1t is not necessarily the same as the puddle of others

mcapeed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All my neighbors are terrific. On one side his lawn service leaves about 6’ un mowed each visit. It gets pretty long and ugly. I explained the location of the property line to the lawn crew a few times and the crew changes so it doesn’t get cut.

The solution is quite simple, I cut it now. Not going to lose any sleep or create unnecessary drama with a neighbor over a few feet of grass. Two passes with my mower and it’s done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
No, I do not loose any sleep, just steer clear. I'd give the guy the shirt off my back,
the stars, sun and moon. Life is short and getting shorter.

I do not poison much because of my bees. I have 1/2 acre of wild flowers
for the delicate added flavor they impart. I give away my honey to all my neighbors
and do not sell any.

BTW That is his wire fence.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a woman neighbor who was a real petty pain in the ass. I tried dealing with her continual nonsense in all kinds of ways.

Finally found the solution... I just completely ignored her. No recognition of or response at all to any of the dumb shit that she tried to piss me off.

Drove her nuts. She moved within 6 months. lol