Wyze Cam v3

upstech76

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone had any recent lucked getting the Wzye Cam v3 or similar to work with BI? I'm using all Dahua cams outside and a couple of Amcrest IP2M-841's inside for monitoring the pets. Was hoping for something a little more discrete indoors. Wyze physically would look better but I've read lots of horror stories about it working with BI. Open to other suggestions if someone has one.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone had any recent lucked getting the Wzye Cam v3 or similar to work with BI? I'm using all Dahua cams outside and a couple of Amcrest IP2M-841's inside for monitoring the pets. Was hoping for something a little more discrete indoors. Wyze physically would look better but I've read lots of horror stories about it working with BI. Open to other suggestions if someone has one.
Consider the TP-LINK Tap C110 as here where I streamed to Blue Iris 5 and also VLC. Not bad looking for an indoor, $25 wireless only, cloud-based little cam with 2-way audio, SD card and selectable 720p/1080p/2K resolution.

Tap-C110.jpg

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
The Wyze kinda works sorta OK mostly. ; ) Need to do the RTSP firmware or the mini-hacks.

Not bad indoors if you have a good WiFi connection or go with a wired Ethernet adapter. If not, they'll drop off all the time. Also will drop off and try to reset over and over if you block Internet access. Can't change much of anything about the image, exposure, or how things work even with the firmware/hacks. I got all of mine very cheap and even then I think there are better alternatives as above. I spent way too much time messing around with the things.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a couple v1, one with the official RTSP hack and another with dafang hack, which I used on a network without internet access. As mentioned by Mike A., they may loose connections randomly if wireless is weak or wireless channel is congested. As for V3, I believe even with RTSP enabled, it still needs to access "home", so it will need internet access, otherwise it will be constantly disconnecting/connecting every few minutes (see comment by Mr. Boniato's comment section in this video)

Cupofschmoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Throwing my name in the hat as well. I'm currently testing the wyze v3 cameras flashed with RTSP firmware in a remote location. Setting it up was a little more tricky having to create a hotspot from my phone for internet access as it's required to "register" each camera and do the setup in the app. There's no way around it.
I haven't tested to see at what signal strength where connections starts to drop yet. As mentioned, there are better camera options out there with more features but I got these camera at a highly discounted price and they're serving well as intended.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Take a look at the TP-LINK Tapo C-110. It's an indoor, 2K, Wi-Fi only cam that streams RTSP and audio to Blue Iris, no cloud needed. Has IR and SD storage as well, plus 2 way audio when using the Tapo app. Hard to beat for $23, IMO.

EDIT: added image of cam
Tapo-C110.jpg

Last edited:

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use 3 Wyze PTZ. I run them via a docker Wyze-Bridge > BI.