Wyze Cam V3 Crashes Blue Iris 4

Richdem

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a Wyze Cam V3 lying about and as the new RTSP firmware recently go released I thought I would give it a go,

As soon as I try to add the camera to Blur Iris the application crashes and will not start. I had to export the registration key in the registry then delete the entire perspective software key and then add the registration key. Once I performed these steps I could start Blue Iris successfully and re import a backup.

I know these are cheap and cheerful cameras but the V3 is not so bad. I am just curious to see how it would perform in BI

Just wondering if anyone knows what would cause Blue Iris to crash in such a way. Up until trying this it really has been a rock solid piece of software running 4 WiFi Amcrest cameras indoors (On their own network) and now a Dahua turret camera for the front of the house.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Turn off audio when you set it up. Should be OK then.

Another thread here where we've been discussing:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI you should be able to dig into the Blue Iris registry settings and not have to wipe it and start over from scratch. Blue Iris's configuration is mostly very human readable in the registry editor, and organized logically so it should be easy to go in and disable a camera by manually editing the registry.

Richdem

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I just found out about deleting the camera in the registry and not using audio. I am back up and running for now. I literally just installed my new Dahua outside and then tried the Wyze and had the major crash. I think I aged a few years lol

BI has been awesome for years, it never misses a beat.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I went through the same thing last night. Started out as what I thought would be a quick simple test and turned into a clusterf*ck. lol Fortunately I was able to catch the cam on UI3 now and then so I could disable it.

Richdem

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been using the WyzeCam V3 now for a few days with Blue Iris and I am actually quite impressed how it performs. Certainly better than the V2 I tried a few years ago. I know it is not going to produce the same quality as my 4MP Dahua Starlight but none the less I may get a couple more for the less critical areas outside as they are so easy to mount where they are not easily spotted.

TBurt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been using the WyzeCam V3 now for a few days with Blue Iris and I am actually quite impressed how it performs. Certainly better than the V2 I tried a few years ago. I know it is not going to produce the same quality as my 4MP Dahua Starlight but none the less I may get a couple more for the less critical areas outside as they are so easy to mount where they are not easily spotted.
I completely agree with you. Other than my BI completely crashing, which I blame BI, I am impressed with this camera's price and the performance/ease of setup it gives. They are neat and useful in the right situations. I am sure others will jump on soon and disagree. They are snobs! LOL