Wyze 2FA Issue with Tablet

Mkaylor

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a couple Wyze cameras that work with TinyCam Pro on my NVIDIA Shield. When I try to install the cameras on my Samsung S7 Plus tablet it keeps asking for 2FA. I tried with 2FA enabled and disabled. TinyCam Pro continues to ask for 2FA every time. Reinstalled a couple of times, didn't help.

Could be operator error?

Thank you,,
Mike

Miner40

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a couple Wyze cameras that work with TinyCam Pro on my NVIDIA Shield. When I try to install the cameras on my Samsung S7 Plus tablet it keeps asking for 2FA. I tried with 2FA enabled and disabled. TinyCam Pro continues to ask for 2FA every time. Reinstalled a couple of times, didn't help.

Could be operator error?

Thank you,,
Mike
I have the same issue with tinycam asking for the authentication code.. uninstalled/reinstalled both tinycan and the wyze app without success... was wondering if anyone has made progress on the issue? Its not operator error.. lol

rrands1

n3wb
Reaction score
I also have this issue with TC on a Shield. I had TC working with 5 cameras (not Wyze), and tried to add the Wyze to it, but kept getting 2FA prompts, even though from the get-go I did not have 2FA turned on in my Wyze acct. I tried getting support in the Wyze forum, but did not get it resolved, so very much thinking it's a TC issue at this point. I have tried about everything I can think of - given where this camera is (looking at an outside gate), I don't need 2FA at all, but am not opposed to it - I just want something that works in TC. I can't get the Wyze to display, just continual prompts for 2FA code, and when I put one in (tried turning it on in Wyze & linking to both Google Authenticator as well as Microsoft Authenticator), it acts like whatever code I put in is invalid (i.e. keeps prompting me for it again.) It's very frustrating! Here is a link to my request for help in the Wyze forum: Two-factor (2FA) for TinyCam

Any update or help, please?