Which Blue Iris key is the correct key???????

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 2. The first is registered in the About box within Blue Iris and only the first and last set of numbers are visible.

The second is the one they sent me when I last renewed my support. It's a totally different key. And I have the full key.

I need to move BI to a new computer and don't know if the renewal key will reactivate BI or not.

Does anybody know?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From @bp2008 ==>> here.

"Deactivate on current machine. Then use the existing license code to activate on new machine.
When you buy a maintenance renewal, you are delivered a key code that you can enter within Blue Iris. Doing this extends the support period of the currently-activated BI license. So you can do this either before or after you move the license, and either way the final result is the same."
I'll add that first, on the current PC, go to BI "Settings" => "About" => "Email Support" and paste your info into a Notepad ".txt" file and save it; it'll help you with the re-validation of the BI license on the new PC. You can avoid typos by just copying/pasting it in.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks. So I'm guessing the existing license key would be the one I got when I renewed since it's the newer. I did take a screen shot of the About tab.

Gonna try it using the newer key. I'll report back.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Someone had this issue just in the past week.

The newer one is the maintenance key. You need the original one.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Guess I'm SOL until tomorrow at the earliest. I sent BI support an email. Hope they get back to me ASAP.

This is a problem that should not even exist or there should be an automated system to get around it. :angry:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Guess I'm SOL until tomorrow at the earliest. I sent BI support an email. Hope they get back to me ASAP.

This is a problem that should not even exist or there should be an automated system to get around it. :angry:
It's an end user problem, not Blue Iris's problem.
BI is a one man operation.
Software theft is a HUGE problem for developers, it's only right they try to protect their work.

Keep the key in a safe place, print it out on a label and attach it to the bi PC when you get it.
Or save in an email in a folder.
If you properly sent the support email, as Tony pointed out, the correct key to use is in that email you just sent. Copy it and paste it in.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You might try searching your email for the email that contains the original key.
Thank you sir. That's exactly what I did and found it. BI is moved to the new box and is running but I'm having a problem with emporting the settings back in Windows is saying "Blue Iris.reg is not a valid registry script". Tried importing from within BI and still no go, says something like the key is invalid. :(