Where to buy Hikvision DVR power adaptor [UK]?

thoosero

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

The power adaptor for my Hikvision DVR is no longer working. Below is a picture of it. I am in the UK and am struggling to find a replacement to purchase. I have done various searches online. Do any of you know a vendor in the UK or Europe who has stock of
this item?

Many thanks,
Ilan

IMG_3401.jpg

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
you will find a 48V dc power supply everywhere (ebay amazon aliexpress) .. you just need to measure the dimension of the jack and find one with the same. 1,36A is really common, because its a normal 65W supply. But you can also use 90W, which is maybe better because your old supply may died because it was alltime on limit.

but compare dimension of jack first....

if you can test old supply first. many people believe that the power supply is dead when device is not turning on. sometimes its the device which is dead.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@TonyR

most of the 2,5mm have spring like contacts inside... so they might work like charm even if middle pin is only 2,1mm .. 1,7mm is maybe a bit to small for 2,5mm

if i am in the same situation i buy the supply which is available fast and solder old jack on it.. no waste of time for waiting delivery from china

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if i am in the same situation i buy the supply which is available fast and solder old jack on it.. no waste of time for waiting delivery from china
Same here, I imagine availability different here in US compared to UK.

Also, the 1.7 could be to keep someone from plugging a 48VDC source into a 12VDC device (2.1mm inside, at least here in the US).
12VDC into 48VDC device= very likely no problem; 48VDC into 12VDC device = Uh oh!

aamuk

n3wb
Reaction score
If you don’t fancy replacing the plug or splicing in your old lead, how about something like:

See if one of the plugs / tips they include is the right size. Also, make sure you check the polarity when selecting the plug and before connecting it up.

thoosero

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

By way of update, I went ahead and order a replacement power adaptor from Aliexpress. Never ordered from them before but was super impressed. It took a week to arrive, which was much quicker than I was anticipating.

It works like a charm, the only problem is the hard drive is dead. I suspect there was some surge that killed both the adapter and the hard drive.

Could I impose on your good selves again for advice on the recommended hard drive to purchase. I only have two cameras hooked up to the DVR, and the DVR model is DS-7204HUHI-K1/P. Ideally I would like to store a month of footage.

Thanks in advance,
Ilan

aamuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Also the DS-7204HUHI-K1/P does support H.265+ video encoding. So, if you haven’t already done so, have a look at the possibility of switching that on to see how much the data storage requirements are reduced by when factoring the size of replacement drive you need.