Where Did That Gun Come From?

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This video covers the entire time the SUV was at the intersection.

Skip to 14:12 to see someone coming out of a three-way alley to meet the driver and do some type of quick transaction before the two go their separate ways. Possible gun and/or drug transaction? Also, the license plate -- Texas JYS 5130 -- shows a match to a 2015 Ford Explorer which this vehicle is not. Front license plate is missing (because local law enforcement does not crack down on this violation and that makes it really easy for criminals to use stolen license plates since they only have to put one on and probably never get stopped anyway).

Sad to see my neighborhood going south. When these houses were built in the 1970s, every house was owner occupied. There were Texas Tech professors, a banker, business owners, nurses, a State District judge, and so forth living on the block. Now it's turning over to rental property as people move on or die. The makeup of the neighborhood is slowly beginning to resemble that of a third-world country. :(

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Camera is from Andy and is model IPC-B52IR-Z12EB-S2 (the B is for black). Distance from camera to SUV is approximately 500 feet. The camera is not used for facial recognition. It's purpose is to see where people, vehicles, and dogs come and go from.

I have another hobby and that's dealing with problem dogs like pit bulls, Rottweilers, boxers, and German Shepherds. Lubbock Animal Services hates me and I make their lives miserable. Same goes for some of the dog owners who have had their dogs declared dangerous and sometimes euthanized. Got to do something with my time. o_O

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have another hobby and that's dealing with problem dogs like pit bulls, Rottweilers, boxers, and German Shepherds.
An even bigger problem, at least for me where we live, is the owners of dogs that allow the dogs, usually not neutered or spayed, to roam and crap on your lawn, on the sidewalks, etc. get into fights, especially when there's a female in heat nearby. I had to shoot one about 8 years ago that attacked my wife and dogs while walking 2 of them just 20 feet from our front porch in the middle of our 2 acre front yard....again, IN MY OWN @#$% FRONT YARD.

I love dogs, we have 5 but they have their own chain-link fenced area, are not allowed to roam, are taken on daily (usually) walks ON LEASHES and all have been spayed or neutered. They also have all required inoculations.

It's some of the owners that should have been spayed or neutered, IMO. :headbang:

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have an extensive list of houses where I walk that I've had trouble with dogs. And once I find out where the dogs live, I continually check up on the houses and report them to the Codes department for anything I can find . . . weeds, vehicles without current license plate window sticker, trash, anything I can nail them on. The dog is ripping up the fence? Pictures and emails to Lubbock Animal Services. After a couple of reports by me, then pictures and videos to the City Manager, the Mayor, and the local council representative.

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I currently have an Open Records request that has been sent to the Texas Attorney General's office by the City of Lubbock requesting a police report on three dangerous dogs I encountered recently. The city wants to give me a redacted police report. I want the name and address of the dog owner so I can file a Dangerous Animal Affidavit with Lubbock Animal Services. Lubbock Animal Services has refused to do anything with the dogs' owner.