where can I get replacement parts? EZVIZ DB1 perforated PIR cover

renca

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.

I have a damaged EZVIZ DB1 doorbell because visitors keep pressing the soft PIR sensor cover instead of the white button with the bell logo.

Over time, the plastic now has cracks and perforations due to pressure, aside from the daily exposure to the sun's heat or to rain.

I tried asking the company about where to purchase replacement parts but to no avail. I am reaching out with the hopes someone here might know where I can go.

I cut out transparent packaging tape to cover over the damaged plastic and prevent water from leaking in. I want to fix it but I don't mind buying a new unit.

any thoughts, suggestions welcomed.

thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello.

I have a damaged EZVIZ DB1 doorbell because visitors keep pressing the soft PIR sensor cover instead of the white button with the bell logo.

Over time, the plastic now has cracks and perforations due to pressure, aside from the daily exposure from the sun's heat and rain.

I tried asking the company about where to purchase replacement parts but to no avail. I am reaching out with the hopes someone here might know where I can go.

I cut out transparent packaging tape to cover over the damaged plastic and prevent water from leaking in. I want to fix it but I don't mind buying a new unit.

any thoughts, suggestions welcomed.

thanks.
I am not aware of parts being sold, you may need to get creative:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
okidoki. I thought as much. thanks
So EZVIZ has a new Doorbell:

@renca They have eliminated the PIR lens and went AI for motion. FYI. I do not have one, still have my LaView (which is the same as the DB1), but there is a Thread you may want to check out. I did read the mounting holes from the DB1 don't match the DB1C, so I believe you would need to drill a new bottom hole.

@silencery has done a Great job on his review...

Last edited: