What's in the case?

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Drug activity has increased a lot in our neighborhood and we have been keeping a close eye on our amenity center. The other night a car parks in the parking lot and sits. About 7 minutes later a guy walks through the park carrying what looks to be a briefcase toward the car and stops as he is looking at his phone (probably told to wait by whoever is in the car). He takes a seat at the picnic table until another car leaves and then gets into the back seat. A few minutes later another car pulls up, he gets out and goes to the driver's side window. Unable to see if anything is exchanged but he's not there long enough for a conversation. Both cars then leave.

I was able to get a partial plate, the last digit was obscured by a tree but it would be easy to figure out since there are only 10 possibilities.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
With that much time I'm calling LE and advising there's suspicious activity that looks like a drug dealer and then sit back and wait to capture the action.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Police response time on "suspicious" activity isn't that great. They would have been long gone before they even arrived. The cop would then do his obligatory rolling spotlight through the park and leave. Starting with this one, i'm keeping a license plate log of suspected drug dealers so if we see them again we can call and have actual substance to share with the police.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Gotcha, we're actually pretty lucky in that the OCSO response is very good and they don't dick around. We're more or less on the front lines between the hood and the nicer suburban area of town, so when the druggies and other miscreants wander up this way LE response is pretty darn good.