What should i buy?

Santy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have a camera on my backyard (ZMODO-ZP-IBI13-W) recording on my NAS with Synology Surveillance system, and currently its not working very well because its on wireless, i will eventually have to route a cable there.
I am now looking for 2 or 3 more cameras to place around the house (exterior). I need them to have nightvision, and POE, i'd say something around 60/80€ (im from europe). I'm looking for some suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looney definitely sent you in the right direction. Southern's advice is spot on if you're going for perfection. I've seen some of these guy's posts and they look amazing. I've seen random posts that you can't even tell what you're looking at. You definitely need to consider what camera you're installing in which location. There is no 1 perfect camera that can just be installed anywhere, each camera needs to be picked for it's particular function/location.

I have several 5442's for night viewing. The ones I have installed now are provided with a decent amount of ambient street light and they give good night color images with some tweaking.

Santy

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking into it. I will buy an 8 port gigabit switch, since i'm going to install gigabit internet connection and i will use that switch to connect my computer, NAS and cameras. The cameras i am seeing in the guide seem a bit hard to find in europe, specially the cheaper ones.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking into it. I will buy an 8 port gigabit switch, since i'm going to install gigabit internet connection and i will use that switch to connect my computer, NAS and cameras. The cameras i am seeing in the guide seem a bit hard to find in europe, specially the cheaper ones.
Not if you purchase from the trusted vendor mentioned in the Cliff Notes.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you are interested in International Dahua cameras, a forum member sells dahua (and some Hikvision) and ships world wide. You can read some of the members recommendations on his service. He also provides cameras to other forum member for evaluation and reviews.
You can email him for a quote, or purchase from his Aliexpress store or his Amazon store. The cameras are fully upgradable, he posts upgrade software when available.

I recommend email andy

Andy
@EMPIRETECANDY
kingsecurity2014@163.com
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: EmpireTech Andy
Andy's AliExpress store: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress
Andy's Amazon store: Amazon.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.