What email service are you guys using for alerts?

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I setup a new gmail account just for BI but sometimes i don't get the text with a image of the event until 4 hours later so that is no good.

I got push to my phone to work but i do not get a image of the event if i'm off my local network. Is there any way around that? If i leave my VPN on it seems to kill my phone battery.

Last edited:

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm using my Comcast Xfinity email.. only thing I use it for and works excellent

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I prefer the sms over the app push because I like to be able to easily scroll back thru all the prior alerts

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using my Comcast Xfinity email.. only thing I use it for and works excellent

The push alerts work but i get no image with them unless i am home. I find the image very useful for knowing at a glance of my apple watch that a UPS package has came etc.

I'm giving my website e-mail a try since i pay for the service maybe there will be no 3-4 hour delays like with gmail. I do have comacst email that i never use. :)

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Just for shits and giggles I put the Gmail app on my phone and logged into it using a dedicated Gmail address today set up for blue iris to receive blue iris alerts but I use the Hotmail credentials to send the blue iris alerts and I’m getting I push notification from the Gmail app that’s only one minute old from the instance of the video