Web viewer with PTZ Control - Webcam style

pietervos

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I got a friend with a few Dahua PTZ and fixed cameras, and he would like to embed in his website a stream of each camera, and allow the users to move the cameras with the PTZ. Is anyone aware of any solution that can stream in html, with PTZ controls, and that doens't need to install and plugins / addons ??

Many thanks!

pietervos

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @TonyR , this is a great utility, but not what I'm looking for. I need to embedded in html, so any user can see the cameras, with any browser.

Many thanks

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the plug @TonyR! (I wrote EasyPTZ).

I need to embedded in html, so any user can see the cameras, with any browser.
In the past I've set up a Dahua camera to relay through YouTube. I don't remember the details, but a web search for "embed ip camera in youtube" or something will probably find details.

I found that it worked decently but there was a significant enough delay that PTZ was almost useless. I was thinking about putting presets on the webpage, that would probably make PTZ work even with a 5 second or whatever delay.

All that said, it's kind of amazing how many hoops Dahua requires of us to view the live camera feed. You'd think this would be possible with basic HTML5 in any webpage.

Just with a quick google search of "html5 ip camera" I found this thread, maybe there's something in it:

SemVC

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @TonyR , this is a great utility, but not what I'm looking for. I need to embedded in html, so any user can see the cameras, with any browser.

Many thanks
Did you find a solution? I'm having the same issue by not finding a way to embed this in HTML (with digest authentication)

pietervos

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you find a solution? I'm having the same issue by not finding a way to embed this in HTML (with digest authentication)
Hi SemVC, unfortunatly I didn't find any solution. I'm still looking for one.