Warning: Watch for false POE kits from vendors on Amazon, Ebay - such as this "POE" kit from Sannce / Annke ( XPOE )

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Recently a deal was posted on another forum with regards to a PoE security camera system.

SANNCE 1080P POE Security Camera System $xxx.xx + free shipping
【Super easy PoE installation】 only a single Ethernet cable is needed to transmit video signal and power the camera simultaneously, separate power adapter for each camera is not needed anymore. Safe, stable and reliable power transmission is always.
【Crisp 1080P Full HD Footage】 The robust NVR and the premium security cameras work together to present crystal clear images and video recordings. Night Vision is also amazing and can cover up to 100ft thanks to the smart IR LEDs.
【Quick & easy remote access】 The cameras can be accessed and controlled remotely to your whole surveillance system via the free customized SANNCE vision app on your mobile devices. You can review and watch live videos from everywhere.
【Smart motion-triggered alert】 whenever any motion is detected, the camera lenses are blocked, or video loss is detected, you will receive instant email alerts and app alarm pushes so that you can take appropriate precautions in time.
【You Privacy is First Priority You can select and block out specific areas on each security camera if you not want it to record. This advanced function "customizable motion detection zone" will also help you reduce the false alarms.
【100% RISK-FREE PURCHASE 】all SANNCE products are CE, FCC and HDMI certified, and you can always rely on our premium 24/7 support service. Choose SANNCE home security camera system, and you will never feel disappointed.

Upon closer inspection it was clear that Sannce / Annke was once again posting a kit under the term "POE" which clearly would be confusing to customers as it does not meet any significant accepted POE standards.

In fact I believe this kit to be an analog HD kit that uses RJ45 connectors and 4 wire cat5 ( not even cat5e - though you can use quality cat5e/6 if you wanted ) instead of coax siamese and BNC connectors. Yes, this does make for a more affordable kit, however using the term POE is clearly meant to deceive potential customers into thinking that they are getting a kit which meets some quality standards.

The following product titles were used, and with closer inspection you see the term "XPOE" used. Which of course turns out to NOT be POE.

on Amazon
SANNCE 1080P Full HD Security Camera System with 4pcs 1920TVL Outdoor CCTV Cameras, Easy PoE Installation, Real Plug & Play Network Video Surveillance System-NO HDD
by SANNCE

on Amazon
SANNCE 1080P POE Security Camera System with 1TB Hard Drive,4 Pcs 1920TVL Outdoor/Indoor CCTV Cameras, Easy Installation, Real Plug & Play XPOE Network Video Surveillance System
by SANNCE

and on ebay
SANNCE 4ch NVR 1080p Poe Security Cameras System IP Network Video IR Outdoor 1tb
Sold by
sannce2306 (21191)
99.4% Positive feedback

Example of answers from SANNCE / ANNKE which clearly should cause questions about if this is really a POE cameras and NVR w/POE port kit:
( POE, as in meeting acceptable POE standards - not just tweaking an analog HD kit to use RJ45 connections and modified cat5/5e cables instead of BNC and coax siamese cables )

Q: Is this using standard poe? can i replace one of the cameras for a different one on my own? looking for 1 or 2 cameras to be wider angles
asked on May 9, 2019
A: This NVR'S camera is specially customized, so it does not support linking other cameras. If your camera requires warranty, please contact us.
SANNCE MindKoo Electrons
Seller· May 10, 2019

Q: will this unit support other makers poe cameras
asked on July 8, 2019
A: We friendly recommend to use our own poe cameras.
SANNCE MindKoo Electrons
Seller· July 9, 2019

Q: Do you sell a wide angle camera to go with this system's DVR?
asked on May 15, 2019
A: The camera is specially made for the NVR, so it can only support this model of camera.
SANNCE MindKoo Electrons
Seller · May 16, 2019

Q: Hi, can i use a poe switch to connect 4 ip cameras? Your nvr will be connected to a router.
asked on March 5, 2019
A: Hi, these cameras can not connect to the POE switch.
SANNCE MindKoo Electrons
Seller · March 7, 2019

Q: Can I add some how another camera?
asked on September 21, 2019
A: Hi mate, this NVR can only work with camera I61BC. Thanks.
SANNCE MindKoo Electrons
Seller · September 21, 2019

Q: Will any PoE camera work with the sannce dvr? If not do you have single bullet cameras?
asked on May 2, 2019
A: Hi, friend, you'd better use our camera to use with this DVR.
If you want to buy seperate bullet cameras to this DVR, you can contact us directly to buy it.
SANNCE MindKoo Electrons
Seller · May 2, 2019

Q: Can i run my own ethernet cables to do poe or do i need to use the ones provided?
asked on December 20, 2018
A: Hi there,
Sorry you need to use the cables in the kit.
C.S Care
SANNCE MindKoo Electrons
Seller · December 22, 2018

Q: Can I replace one camera with a ptz PoE dome camera?
asked on March 26, 2019
A: Sorry,the product don't support the PTZ camera,thanks.
SANNCE MindKoo Electrons
Seller · March 28, 2019

Q: Is this using standard poe? can i replace one of the cameras for a different one on my own? looking for 1 or 2 cameras to be wider angles
asked on May 9, 2019
A: This NVR'S camera is specially customized, so it does not support linking other cameras. If your camera requires warranty, please contact us.
SANNCE MindKoo Electrons
Seller · May 10, 2019

Notice how many customers are fooled:
Q: Is it a true poe system ? since my friends tell me systems like spoe/xpoe are fake poe system.
asked on April 24, 2019

Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A1: Yes. It is true POE
Tri Cao
· April 24, 2019

A2: It is indeed a POE System. It uses Ethernet cable to bring power to the camera. What it is no is that the cameras are not IP. You can not connect the cameras to your network because you will not be able to discover them. They only work with a XPOE NVR. Think of if as HD TVI over Ethernet.
Freddie Velazquez
· April 24, 2019

A3: Yes. Easy affordable system. Remote view with alarms
jeff
· April 24, 2019

A4: It’s true Poe no power supplies at all.
Amazon Customer
· April 24, 2019

Attachments

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Man,
Never thought I'd say this but that almost makes Zmodo's "sPOE" offering look half-way decent....at least the Zmodo cameras are IP-based.
Pure crap, IMO. :poop:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you know that PoE also stands for Piece of E-Waste? I think that's what these companies (i.e. Sannce / Annke) mean when they label their cheap cameras as PoE

You could literally use the wires included in their kits as repurposed gardening rope / twine

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi@mat
I want change wire for this camera with broken connector,wires is:
Black
Red
Green
Green White
Orange
Orange White
Gray
i want put in normal cables,but i dont know how,attached photo,model camera,model nvr.
thanks!
Hi @goginux

I don't know this information, you'll need to check if others have info on it.

Sannce camera model I61BC ( looks like an xPoE - that is not a proper PoE camera .. )

1613899728211.png

Attachments

goginux

n3wb
Reaction score
i indentify power with multimeter Red= Blue/Whihe Black=Brown rest of wire is enigma!