Vivotek FE9380-HV - "RTSP: 403 Forbidden" Error

Reaction score
Hi. I've been dealing with this finicky camera for a few days now. If I make no changes to the camera settings in either the camera UI or BI, it seems ok. But once I make a change to the camera's profile settings or video, trigger or record settings in Blue Iris, I get a gray screen and the 403 error. The only way to fix it is to restore the camera to factory settings and start all over again. I'd like a reliable fisheye lens camera that is NDAA-compliant and I thought this was the one. I want to make sure I try everything before sending it back.

When I add the camera, I'm simply adding the IP address, username and password and clicking "Inspect". Results appear to be normal and I'm able to choose the main and sub stream paths. Then I click "Ok" and it works just fine. Once I get into adjusting any settings beyond that... 403. Here's the inspect result:

Opening 192.168.5.107 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2021-07-08T22:05:31.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: VIVOTEK
Model: FE9380-HV
FirmwareVersion: 2.2002.13.01
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Search services: /onvif/search_service
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
profile token Profile100
profile name Profile100
profile source is VideoSource1
profile source config is VideoSourceConfiguration1
profile token Profile101
profile name Profile101
profile token Profile102
profile name Profile102
profile token Profile103
profile name Profile103
requesting URI for profile Profile100
RTSP URI: /media/stream.sdp?profile=Profile100
requesting URI for profile Profile101
RTSP URI: /media/stream.sdp?profile=Profile101
requesting URI for profile Profile102
RTSP URI: /media/stream.sdp?profile=Profile102
requesting URI for profile Profile103
RTSP URI: /media/stream.sdp?profile=Profile103
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 0
InputConnectors: 0
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceio_service
AudioOutputs: 0
Done

The camera's firmware is up to date. I even went as far as rolling back the BI version to 5.4.7.11, which is stated to be the most recent stable version. No change.

In the beginning, I noticed I could keep the settings for the camera in BI and not delete it before factory resetting the camera itself. After the camera reboots, I'd get a feed. However, that no longer works.

My last thought was to do a full system restart. Alas, no change. I can't think of whatelse to do.

Version: Release 5.4.9.6 x64
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz [9%]
RAM: 334.2M/7.91G

Vivotek FE9380-HV - Firmware 2.2002.13.01j

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure that you have Hardware Acceleration off on the BI main page and within that camera.

Many people have experienced issues with cameras above BI 5.4.6.3 with HA on, especially it seems with older computers as well.

Reaction score
I rolled back to 5.4.6.3, factory reset the camera again, disabled hardware acceleration on BI and the camera, deleted and re-added the camera to BI. I'm getting the same results.

It's worth noting that I have two Speco 4MP cameras plugged in and they both work like a dream.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The issue was on the Vivotek UI end. Vivotek support suggested I change the HTTP and RTSP authentication settings from "digest" to "basic". Now everything appears to be working as intended in BI!