violet tint in video

matwh

n3wb
Reaction score
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/9803/Q14I39.jpg

There's this violet tint (see attached file or above) in my Dahua 3Mp bullet cam that comes on..does anyone know what kind of hardware (or software?) defect is it? Using default in the picture setting doesn't remove it. Thank you.

Attachments

matwh

n3wb
Reaction score
The violet tint above doesn't appear if I chose Colorfull in the Day & Night setting in the Image setting of the Dahua. The Colorfull mode prevents any night mode and black and white IR. If I chose Auto..and the IR turns on at nighttime.. when it return to daylight color, the bluish tint appears one hour later. I have to reset the camera for the normal color to appear. Hasn't anyone experienced anything like it before?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the ir filter is getting stuck...

matwh

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like the ir filter is getting stuck...
Why.. if there is IR filter at daytime.. image would look bluish? But after nightmode. It goes to normal color.. but 20 minutes later it slowly changed to bluish. What could possible be wrong. Has no one seen anything like this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why.. if there is IR filter at daytime.. image would look bluish? But after nightmode. It goes to normal color.. but 20 minutes later it slowly changed to bluish. What could possible be wrong. Has no one seen anything like this?
Post the full image...

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a camera that did something similar when it was mounted up side down. I believe the filter wouldn't close when switched to daytime mode.

matwh

n3wb
Reaction score
please see file attached full picture.. so what can cause it? if the IR filter wont close at daytime mode.. would it look that bluish?

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
with all the IR being natural sunlight, reflected off other objects.. yeah pretty much.. google 'ir photography'

nex time go tap on the camera and see if you can get the IR cut to flip

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your problem is the filter...use a laptop to switch from day to night and vice versa while your are near the camera...if you dont here a click, its stuck..