viewing blue iris remotely from another computer continuously

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so i setup blue iris in house A and i want to watch all the continuous 24/7 camera feed from another house B on my computer. is this possible?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
so i setup blue iris in house A and i want to watch all the continuous 24/7 camera feed from another house B on my computer. is this possible?
Yes, blue iris has a built in webserver that will let you do just that...you will need a pc, android device, or IOS device on the other end...

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
but with the pc, do you just view it using a web browser?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
but with the pc, do you just view it using a web browser?
Yes with a browser. You can also view it with another instance of blue iris...you will have to buy a second license (at a discount)..
Not that depending on your webserver settings, this may use lots of bandwidth..

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
oh i see, using the second blue iris, can i change settings on the first blue iris? so basically act like im actually in house A but control everything from house B.

also how much of a discount?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
oh i see, using the second blue iris, can i change settings on the first blue iris? so basically act like im actually in house A but control everything from house B.

also how much of a discount?
No you cannot...it will just be getting a stream...if you want to change settings simple use remote access software like teamviewer to the primary machine...
I believe its half price....what are you trying to accomplish with this?

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just trying to setup some cameras at my mothers place but i don't live there so i would like to keep an eye out on her.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
just trying to setup some cameras at my mothers place but i don't live there so i would like to keep an eye out on her.
The easiest was is to simply use the webserver browser page, or use an amazon fire stick running the mobile app...dont over complicate it..

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok thank you. really appreciate your input. think ill just stick to the blue iris app on my iphone since i finally got it to work like an hour ago.

gth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'd be interested in a more advanced remote connection - i.e. configure the remote instance of BI to point to the directory of the primary instance that is running on a dedicated server. Make it a drop-down configuration, and you could manage multiple servers, mainly as an image monitoring / alert-playback method.