Viewing BI via Remote Desktop

DaveK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, my learning curve is progressing, and I've managed to set up and use Remote Desktop to access my BI server. One odd thing I've noticed is that when I view the live feeds of the BI cameras (5 cams at this point), via Remote Desktop, what I see only updates every 5 seconds (give or take). That is, the "live" view is showing at about 12 frames per minute.

However, if I look at recorded video, it's all at the frame rate I've set, 5fps. Also, if I view the live feeds directly on the server, those show at the appropriate rates as well.

Is this normal behavior, or have I messed up a setting someplace without realizing it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
blue iris options>cameras> display video during remote desktop sessions (last option on the bottom)

DaveK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Perfect!

Thank you fenderman! I knew there was probably a setting someplace for this issue, and your suggestion was just what I needed to do.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Be careful, depending on your system, you could bring the RDP session to it's knee's with a high refresh rate.

DaveK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
At present, it's only 5 cams, running 5fps. Server is core i7-4790 w/8GB RAM. If this can max out the Remote Desktop connection, I'm probably going to have lots worse problems down the road. I use the same network for streaming Music to a couple of players in the house, so if I start maxing out Network throughput, it shows up first and quite noticeably there.

DaveK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
An update... Well, I did end up having some network throughput issues and they first showed up where I expected, in the music streaming of "internet radios". I went back through the setup and backed the remote desktop view to 5-second intervals, and also dialed back several other settings, and now things are working without issue. Don't know for sure if the viewing rate via RD was the issue, as I had some other issues going on as well. However, I'm happy with how it's working and it's been stable for two days now. I may go back and change to "live" RD viewing to see if the problem crops back up, but that's for another day.