Viewing angle

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My cameras are varifocal 2.8-12 mm.

I have been Googling for the viewing angle, and can find good info on the width at a certain distance, and the identification angles

Now what I would really be interested in, but not able to find, is the closest distance to the camera that can be seen for the different lens sizes.

Is there a table available somewhere for that?

Thanks in advance

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is just a tool and I wouldn't expect your objects to be as clear as this after about 20 feet or so, but it is also somewhat helpful to get width.

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the DH-HAC-HFW2221R-Z-IRE6 , since that camera wasn't listed in the lens calculator, I searched for one with similar spec, and found DH-HAC-HFW1200R-Z-IRE6

Now on closer look, this camera is not just comparable, but actually identical to mine, but at almost half the price :eek:

Or am I missing something?

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not a complete review of both cams, but did notice this with the DH-HAC-HFW2221R-Z-IRE6 :
Multi-outputs The camera supports HDCVI and CVBS signal outputs simultaneously with two BNC connectors. Multi-outputs facilitates construction in such situations as debugging through a tester. It also offers the possibility for cooperating with multiple devices including analog matrix or monitor.

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm sure I looked at both cameras at the time of purchase, and those 2 options aren't worth anything to me, so wonder why I decided to spend more for nothing.

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I read an installation tutorial posted somewhere on here, which said, cameras should not be higher than 2.10 meter, if you want to see faces.

My ceilings are 2.90 meter high, so I let a steelworker make me 70 cm long brackets, but to be honest it looks stupid.

When I use the lens calculator kindly posted by @DsineR , I can see faces even with camera mounted 2.90 high, though I don't know if it will be the same in real life.

So what you think, should I do away with those ugly brackets, or will it be a significant improvement in picture quality?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Distance from the subject also effects height but generally will need longer focal length as the distance increases. It's usually a good idea to test first by temporarily mounting a camera and walk around to see how it works out before mounting things permanently.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have someone walk around like they are a perp with their head kinda down looking at the ground - can you see the majority of their face or are all that you are seeing is the top of the head?

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have someone walk around like they are a perp with their head kinda down looking at the ground - can you see the majority of their face or are all that you are seeing is the top of the head?
I live in Thailand, if you want to see the face of someone who walks with their head down, the cameras have to be 1.50 meter lol