View Q-see cameras using Blue IRIS

Joe11

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Q-see NVR with 8 PoE cameras on it. I'd like to be able to view these cameras remotely (when I'm outside the LAN) - in the past, I was using TinyCam with port forwarding on my router. I've disabled port forwarding, and have been struggling to get a VPN set up to allow me to VPN into my LAN, and then, use TinyCam to view these cameras. After about a month of troubleshooting with Unifi support, I've given up on it (and so have they).

I do also have BlueIris running on a PC (connected to a Dahua camera that stores onto that PC). At this time, I don't want to move all the Q-see cameras out of the Q-see NVR, but would like the ability to view these camera streams using Blueiris UI3 if possible.

TL;DR Can I set up my Q-see cameras (that are connected to a Q-see NVR) to be viewable using BlueIris UI3, without removing the Q-see NVR out of the picture, and continuing to store onto the Q-see NVR)?

Edit: I don't want Blue Iris to record the stream/events to my PC - let the Q-see NVR handle that

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most any recent NVR can stream using RTSP to Blue Iris.
You use the NVR's LAN IP for all cams but select each Cam # from the drop down menu.

What is the model ?

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Joe11. I was able to build a VPN in the 'prosumer' Unifi, with the USG. Here is a link to how I did it:

Joe11

n3wb
Reaction score
Most any recent NVR can stream using RTSP to Blue Iris.
You use the NVR's LAN IP for all cams but select each Cam # from the drop down menu.

What is the model ?
Thank you - that was the pointer I needed - that solved the issue for me.

Joe11

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Joe11. I was able to build a VPN in the 'prosumer' Unifi, with the USG. Here is a link to how I did it:

Thank you. I have it set up the same way - and the VPN is set up. However, I can't get some apps on Android (like tinycam, or microsoft remote desktop) to recognize that I'm on the VPN. Anyway, spent a very very long time trying to figure that out with Unifi support and they (and I) gave up.