Video with audio

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there plans for BI to play audio and video together in it's media player? Sucks having to use VLC and not being able to zoom in on a part of the video. Or am I missing something/doing something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there plans for BI to play audio and video together in it's media player? Sucks having to use VLC and not being able to zoom in on a part of the video. Or am I missing something/doing something wrong?
You are doing something wrong. Of course you can play video and audio together. There is never a reason to use vlc.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmmm, it just started doing it. Could have sworn I tested it. LOL! Maybe it's the new release/update. I have a Logitech C-910 paired with a Hikvision 2032 and now I cannot get it to play in bi unless I convert it too AVV. Is this the only way to do this? Or did the update break something? Can you verify it works? I will double check on my end as well!! Thank You Fenderman!!

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried it again. If the C-910 is paired with any of my cams, it will not play in bi. It's pretty straight forward in the audio settings. Like I said before, I sworn it was working. So i'm guessing it's a broken update. Maybe.........

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried it again. If the C-910 is paired with any of my cams, it will not play in bi. It's pretty straight forward in the audio settings. Like I said before, I sworn it was working. So i'm guessing it's a broken update. Maybe.........
Its always worked simply by playing it back. There is no reason to convert. Are you saying it plays back just with no audio?

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually, I just checked it. It will not play the video at all. Vlc has to be used.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried everything. That's why i'm here. It just didn't seem right. I know dog gone well it was working a couple of weeks ago, maybe a month ago.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried everything. That's why i'm here. It just didn't seem right. I know dog gone well it was working a couple of weeks ago, maybe a month ago.
Are you recording to MP4? or bvr? If MP4 you must install the codec for playback, there is a link on the blue iris site.
What is the error?

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It does work! I have to go to record tab, video format and compression, Blue Iris DVR (check mark that), then re-encode with settings (h264-h264/mpeg-4 AVC).
Then it works.
But, if your playing a video more than 1x it will not work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The audio stops in the video - no biggy!
But if you had it set at 2x for another video, then it wont play audio till it is set back to 1x

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It does work! I have to go to record tab, video format and compression, Blue Iris DVR (check mark that), then re-encode with settings (h264-h264/mpeg-4 AVC.
Then it works.
But, if your playing a video more than 1x it will not work.
audio will not play at fast forward speeds.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm happy now! But have to use vlc for older video's, wish I knew. But, I could have sworn it was recording and playing video using direct to disc 2 weeks ago, maybe a month ago.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm happy now! But have to use vlc for older video's, wish I knew. But, I could have sworn it was recording and playing video/audio using direct to disc 2 weeks ago, maybe a month ago.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm happy now! But have to use vlc for older video's, wish I knew. But, I could have sworn it was recording and playing video/audio using direct to disc 2 weeks ago, maybe a month ago.
Note, that even if you set the usb cam to direct to disk, its not using direct to disk because the usb cam is not sending an h.264 stream. That is one reason to not use USB cameras for blue iris among others.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, I understand!!! "WOW" LOL!!! Maybe this thread will help someone else! Thanks for your time and patience Fenderman!