Video delay with Foscam FI9900P

dicko72

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Newbie to the CCTV world so bear with me!
I have 2 Foscam FI9900P cams setup on wifi using Blue Iris v4.

I get a delay of sometimes up to a minute from the live video and consequently push alerts.
Is this normal?

When I view the cams in the web browser the video is realtime.

Not sure which setting information you would need to be relevant to this but here's some....

Camera setup:
Resolution: 1080P
Bit rate: 2M
Frame Rate: 10
Key Frame Interval: 10
Rate Control: VBR

Blue Iris is set to 10fps and I have frame rate limiting enabled.

I have even tried running the camera's on wired and running the lowest res possible.
But I still get a big video delay.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

D!CKO

Dave.H

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever get this figured out? I just got this camera and I'm having the same issue.

iamrayl

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't had much luck. There is still a long delay (mine is currently at 22 secs). I contact BI support a few weeks back and he had me check my BI version and antivirus settings (BI process should be excluded) but the issue still persists. He ended up telling me that the issue is on my end since I am the only one that reported the issue even though I told him there was one other person that had reported the same issue on the forums (now you are the 3rd person). I suggest everyone with the issue contact him so he is aware that the issue is not isolated to one system and hopefully he can look into it further. I like the software but having such a long delay defeats the purpose of having security cameras if you can't see and be alerted of events in almost real time.

Dave.H

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't had much luck. There is still a long delay (mine is currently at 22 secs). I contact BI support a few weeks back and he had me check my BI version and antivirus settings (BI process should be excluded) but the issue still persists. He ended up telling me that the issue is on my end since I am the only one that reported the issue even though I told him there was one other person that had reported the same issue on the forums (now you are the 3rd person). I suggest everyone with the issue contact him so he is aware that the issue is not isolated to one system and hopefully he can look into it further. I like the software but having such a long delay defeats the purpose of having security cameras if you can't see and be alerted of events in almost real time.
I'll send them an email. But I will be returning my camera. I messed with it for a couple hours last night. That is my limit. I want stuff to just work :)

Thanks!

iamrayl

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated to 4.4.0.1 today and I no longer have the issue. If you haven't returned your cameras yet give it a shot.

dicko72

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah my issue has now been resolved by the latest update. I can now get real-time through mobile and desktop app.