Version 4.0.1.4 (January 28, 2015) seems good.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been running it for awhile and all is good! :cool:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
How did you install yours? I tried to update from within the app (pop-up indicating 4.0.1.4 is ready) and by downloading the update64.exe from the website directly. Both appear to install correctly, but upon restarting the dashboard, I get an immediate prompt telling me there's an update (4.0.1.4). The general tab also shows the update didn't take (4.0.1.3 is still shown as the current installed version).

I've been struggling with updates not completing (not responding) and timeouts during the update process. After reinstalling 4, I'm now getting the loop, and I'm hoping it's just Murphy's Law - that there is something genuinely wrong with the update process (for everyone) and not just my system.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Happy for you. Guess that means the problem is on my end. Ugh.

oldrolla

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not really....i had to click the "update" cycle for at least 5 times before BI actually updated.
Each time looking at the log and it said update failed. Just keep trying.
Unfortunately the log doesn't tell you why it failed.... could be your end or who knows :)

Edit....i do my updates manually.

Last edited by a moderator:

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How did you install yours? I tried to update from within the app (pop-up indicating 4.0.1.4 is ready) and by downloading the update64.exe from the website directly. Both appear to install correctly, but upon restarting the dashboard, I get an immediate prompt telling me there's an update (4.0.1.4). The general tab also shows the update didn't take (4.0.1.3 is still shown as the current installed version).

I've been struggling with updates not completing (not responding) and timeouts during the update process. After reinstalling 4, I'm now getting the loop, and I'm hoping it's just Murphy's Law - that there is something genuinely wrong with the update process (for everyone) and not just my system.
No problem here with updates either. My BI4 x64 updates automatically without issues.

Although 4.0.1.4 updated this morning after I installed Windows updates on the PC and restarted. When BI4 opened up it said an update was available so I said yes to install it. So it downloaded it and installed it and restarted automatically. Usually I have BI check for updates around 5pm and install them automatically.

Last edited by a moderator:

plfinch

n3wb
Reaction score
The app seems to have a very tight timeout on the download where it gives up prematurely. It rarely works for me. I can download and run the update file manually from my browser without incident and usually have to.

Peter