Version 4.0.0.16 (January 5, 2015)

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I like that Blue Iris will automatically check and install updates. When I check it each evening it has already installed the most recent update.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I like that Blue Iris will automatically check and install updates. When I check it each evening it has already installed the most recent update.
I would be cautious about using this function for a couple of reasons. First, during an update the system may hang and you will not be recording until you manually restart the program. Second, some updates, particularly ones that introduce new features, can be buggy. What i do is, once i have a stable version, i only manually update when a new feature that i want is introduced. With these initial updates they are all bug fixes so updating is recommended but for the long term i would disable the auto update.

woodymck

n3wb
Reaction score
This version fixes the bug of not being able to fast forward at 4x or 16x speeds on the IOS app.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm thinking there was an improvement made on the way the App and web browsers pull recorded clips. Yesterday, playing 8x on the browser or app would have a bursty, jerky playback. Today, after the .16 update, it's like it used to be - smooth as silk.

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would be cautious about using this function for a couple of reasons. First, during an update the system may hang and you will not be recording until you manually restart the program. Second, some updates, particularly ones that introduce new features, can be buggy. What i do is, once i have a stable version, i only manually update when a new feature that i want is introduced. With these initial updates they are all bug fixes so updating is recommended but for the long term i would disable the auto update.
I never had a problem with using the auto update with version 3 and so far it's been working fine with version 4. It loads the new version and restarts automatically as expected.

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
v17 updated properly. With the auto update i've never had any issues where the systems hangs. It has always restarted without any problems. V17 seems to be working fine here. Since my initial problem where I couldn't start the program after the install.. Since that was fixed each version has been working for me without any issues. It seems to be behaving like BI3 did. Although I have no idea if the 64bit version has made any difference. I never had problems with the 32bit BI3 and I have 16GB of memory on the machine which typically only uses 4GB to 5GB of the memory except when I burn something to a BD or DVD.

SoCAlva

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had no problems with the auto-update. v17 has been working great.. dropped my CPU utilization from 10-12% to 8-10%. Other than that I haven't noticed any differences at all. I wish they would release a detailed changelog with every update so we know what's being fixed.