US Presidential Election 2020 (& Politics) :)

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
From ZH...

------------------------------------------------

George Orwell’s ‘1984’ is the #2 best-selling book on Amazon this week. Why the sudden surge in interest? Is it being bought as a warning - or because people are worried if you don’t own a physical copy then one day it might be unavailable? I had already typed this out when a friend tried to buy the Kindle version from Amazon and was told it would only be available on…6 June 2021: maybe the internet is full?

Best comment: Conservatives are buying it as a warning for the near future. Liberals are buying it as an instruction manual.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Books for everyone's reading list:
Fahrenheit 451
Atlas Shrugged
The Creature from Jekyll Island
Brave New World
Animal Farm
Unintended Consequences
The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress

Bonus reading online:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
@Oceanslider The big point that you're missing is that the Marxocrats think that the United States, America, was never great. And I'll cite none other than Andrew Cuomo who actually said that. He's one of their leading figures.
It is why they have been working so hard to rewrite history.

They hate the term "Make America Great Again". For America to be great we would just have to follow the founding principles and drop the racism narrative that is their bread and butter.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
"Five People Killed". It's the common news narrative at the moment.

Is this true?
In the Capitol protest?
Naw..

1 innocent unarmed woman protester killed by Capitol Police
3 protesters - medical emergencies
1 Capitol Policeman dead but unclear whether from injuries sustained or a medical emergency. What I’ve read is he passed some 3 hours after leaving the scene and had gone back to his office/precinct ? But haven’t seen an official cause

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Was that one person an Antifa infiltrator?

And how many were actually KILLED by the leftist protesters this past summer?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Let me be very clear.

I have no tolerance for attacking Police Officers. Its wrong and should be punished.

That said, neither of those articles say that the video or pictures show the fallen Officer as being hit. The DailyMail story specifically says:
  • Moments later, another rioter comes out of nowhere and throws the fire extinguisher at the head of police officers in the crowd. The extinguisher hits one cop in the helmet and then bounces towards another. It is the same weapon that killed Capitol cop Brian Sicknick, but it's not clear if he is hit in the video.

And the CNN article does NOT reference the guy arrested as being charged with the Officer's death. As pointed out by @Oceanslider it doesnt appear to be the same guy shown throwing the extinguisher in the video anyway.
  • He faces four counts: knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority; disorderly or disruptive conduct on Capitol grounds; civil disorder; and assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers while engaged in the performance of official duties, the documents say.

Now it could well be that this is the incident that lead to the Officers death, and if so and this is the guy who hit him with the fire extinguisher, they should throw the book at him. I just havent seen that anywhere..

Last edited:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Also be aware that the picture that CNN included in their article shows two completely different people than the image in your first link. The guy carrying Pelosi's crutch is not the guy who tossed the extinguisher. CNN, honest reporting at its finest. No intended narrative.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Unbelievable
It didn’t take them long to trash the next “non approved” platform, did it...

If there is any doubt you now live in a communist country, you ain’t paying attention.

Gab is an American alt-tech social networkingservice known for its far-right and extremist userbase.[3][4][5][6] Widely described as a haven for extremists including neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and the alt-right, it has attracted users and groups who have been banned from other social media and users seeking alternatives to mainstream social media platforms.[7][8][18] Gab claims to promote free speech and individual liberty, though these statements have been criticized as being a shield for its alt-right and extremist ecosystem

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

This says the two incidents are not related but that the officer died at the hospital from injuries from a similar incident.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just think if they'd use this kind of force to quell the "mostly peaceful protests" that have been ongoing...

SJGUSMC21

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have to say that when you look at the Armed Military presence in DC......it is starting to look like a ceremony for a dictator, not an inauguration of an American President.

Amazing the response given when some politicians become scared. Us commoners have to protect ourselves...and I'm OK with that.

Not that 'Joe and the Hoe' will EVER be my president.....

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I haven't been able to get on Gab all day. The "unable to resolve your requested domain" part is a bit ... bothersome...

Origin DNS error
You've requested a page on a website (gab.com) that is on the Cloudflare network. Cloudflare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (gab.com).
  • Ray ID: 611a106819527f94
  • Timestamp: 2021-01-14 20:21:34 UTC
  • Requested URL: gab.com/
  • Error reference number: 1016
  • Server ID: FL_14F299
  • User-Agent:

I've tried from different IPs and different providers. Same result...