UPS Wasn't enough, now I'll never lose camera footage

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the video highlighting some junkie from across the street trying to get into your outdoor 'freezer' looking for steaks. When that fails, they'll probably do a walk around looking for a lock, and then spot the 'off' button. Odd that they make it so obvious, or am I missing something.

Regardless, awesome setup, as always. Begs to question - what do you do professionally? This tech all seems to rest comfortably in your wheelhouse.

Agoins6

n3wb
Reaction score
Would it be worth keeping a 100lb LP tank around as back up for the generator? You would have to change the orifice from NG to LP but LP wont ever go bad..

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
For the portable generator it could work since I have a Tri-Fuel kit on it, but for the Generac it would make no sense. 100lb LP tank holds about 24 gallons of LP which would last about 25-30 hours

If the natural gas were to go out, I have a about week's worth of gas for the portable generator

To my knowledge, the natural gas has never gone out here

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the video highlighting some junkie from across the street trying to get into your outdoor 'freezer' looking for steaks. When that fails, they'll probably do a walk around looking for a lock, and then spot the 'off' button. Odd that they make it so obvious, or am I missing something.

Regardless, awesome setup, as always. Begs to question - what do you do professionally? This tech all seems to rest comfortably in your wheelhouse.
I need to check, if there are steaks in there I'm game

Its all behind a locked gate and a fence too now, no one can see it

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Was there a solar eclipse that caused your solar production to drop to zero at 1:30 for a few minutes???? ;)

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
What are the trees you're growing? They look quite close together
Pear, Peach, Lime, Lemon, Orange, Fig, Loquat, Olive and Plumcot

Yeah they are quite close together, right on the limit of being too close. My goal is to get a nice canopy when they are fully grown, and just keep them trimmed well

I lost all the Citrus in the freeze we had last year so had to re-plant, which also prompted my generators

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow, sounds like that'll be gorgeous once they mature a bit!

We have some pot bound fig and olives. The squirrels always seem to get the figs before we do though!