Upgrade to BI5

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As a fairly recent new user to BI (v4) but sadly not eligible for free upgrade -- if i get v5 & a new key, can I transfer my copy of v4 (with my current existing key) to a different system ?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
You don’t have to buy a complete new v5 key, just get one of the support agreements and you should then be v5 enabled.

Has been discussed to death here so have a look around and a read.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You don’t have to buy a complete new v5 key, just get one of the support agreements and you should then be v5 enabled.

Has been discussed to death here so have a look around and a read.
I think you may have misunderstood his question. I could be wrong but I believe he's asking if he get's the new v5 via NON- upgrade can he move the old v4 to another machine.

I would think that if he purchases a new v5 with keys at a non-upgrade price, he can de-activate v4 on the existing machine (know what keys are for v4) and install it on a new machine and activate it then install v5 on the old machine where v4 was before and activate it. That's strictly a guess.

In any event, I'd wait until the dust settles; judging by several new threads today on June 1, there seems to be some initial issues with the upgrade process and also new, clean installs (non-upgrades). Let's give Ken time to straighten things out. :cool:

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think you may have misunderstood his question. I could be wrong but I believe he's asking if he get's the new v5 via NON- upgrade can he move the old v4 to another machine.

I would think that if he purchases a new v5 with keys at a non-upgrade price, he can de-activate v4 on the existing machine (know what keys are for v4) and install it on a new machine and activate it then install v5 on the old machine where v4 was before and activate it. That's strictly a guess.

In any event, I'd wait until the dust settles; judging by several new threads today on June 1, there seems to be some initial issues with the upgrade process and also new, clean installs (non-upgrades). Let's give Ken time to straighten things out. :cool:
@TonyR - Quite correct - thank you for the courtesy of your reply, unlike the former answer

Waiting until the dust settles is indeed now my plan - both on here & other user groups, BI5 appears to be somewhat 'buggy' with many reporting various issues & problems

It's taken me a while to get BI4 running how I want - I've no desire to start another head-scratching exercise again so soon

Thank you again