update Lorex LNB8921 8MP to Dahua firmware - is it possible?

rrands1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all - as said above - I have 4 of these cameras, and just made the jump to BI and one of the 4MP turret cams from the store here, but wanting to get some of the Dahua goodness on these other cameras (i.e. plugin-less viewing via a web browser) - is that possible, and any ideas which Dahua firmware I would use if so?

Thank you in advance!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - added image of camera

1610168614472.png

rrands1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, @mat200 - That is the camera I am trying to upgrade - I went via the web login & tried to upload the firmware from DahuaWiki, but while it didn't throw an error, it didn't seem to do anything, either... Any tips, tricks or thoughts on if this might work?

Thank you!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, @mat200 - That is the camera I am trying to upgrade - I went via the web login & tried to upload the firmware from DahuaWiki, but while it didn't throw an error, it didn't seem to do anything, either... Any tips, tricks or thoughts on if this might work?

Thank you!
Hi rrands1

Check some of the other threads on Lorex to see if you can probe the camera for a model number ( I don't have the info on the top of my head, so you'll need to search for the thread and read a little ).

rrands1

n3wb
Reaction score
@phenry370 - yes, I was able to do it, following the instructions here (Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP) - I ended up taking the cameras down and wiring them to a switch temporarily, as my network setup is somewhat complex, however once I did that, I was able to flash them. I have several posts in that thread while I was working through it that might be useful. I dumped the Lorex NVR in favor of a blue iris setup, and have been very happy with the performance of it.

Reaction score
That's great news.

Was that "N84CB34" model accurate for them? When I pulled up the info from my LNB8921B cameras they came back as "PC-HFW4830EP-S" which led me to these still trying to figure out which firmware is the proper one to use.

This is the full info that came back for them

appAutoStart=true
deviceType=LNB8921B
hardwareVersion=1.00
processor=S3LM
serialNumber=
updateSerial=IPC-HFW4830EP-S

rrands1

n3wb
Reaction score
That was the one I used - I went here (DahuaWiki), and filtered to find the closest model by specs - I don’t see the model you list there at all though, so not sure... iirc, when looking through the files before though, several of the similar spec cameras used the same firmware file, and in the archive is a file that lists appropriate cameras it supports.