UNIVIEW two way audio

durnovtsev

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, who started two-way audio on BI. Everything works fine in the EZ view app. Maybe there are some additional settings, I know that not all cameras with two-way audio support work in the BIOS.

I have two different NV cameras, but not one does not work, I tried it through the B I app on the iphone

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The specs for the ipc2322ebr and the specs for the IPC324SB-DF28K both indicate they support 2 way audio and provide output for a speaker and input for a mic and BUT neither have a built-in speaker or mic.

Have you connected an external speaker and mic to either?

durnovtsev

n3wb
Reaction score
The specs for the ipc2322ebr and the specs for the IPC324SB-DF28K both indicate they support 2 way audio and provide output for a speaker and input for a mic and BUT neither have a built-in speaker or mic.

Have you connected an external speaker and mic to either?
connected an external speaker and microphone, I checked the cameras in the ezview app - it works great with the proprietary app

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Of course their app would work LOL.

Audio rarely follows an ONVIF protocol, so when not using the cameras native app, it is a matter of trial and error in another system like BI to see if there is a protocol that works if the ONVIF/generic didn't. Unfortunately that make only has one drop-down in BI, so you will have to simply try other brands.

To be clear, in BI you tried:
  • Add Camera
  • Typed in IP address
  • Typed in Username
  • Typed in Password
  • Selected the Find/Inspect button
And what came up for make/model when you did that?

Maybe now that you posted the model numbers, hopefully someone that has that camera can provide what they found works.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, who started two-way audio on BI. Everything works fine in the EZ view app. Maybe there are some additional settings, I know that not all cameras with two-way audio support work in the BIOS.

I have two different NV cameras, but not one does not work, I tried it through the B I app on the iphone
Try all the uniview options in the BI dropdown...if none work you will need to provide access for the developer to add it.

durnovtsev

n3wb
Reaction score
Of course their app would work LOL.

Audio rarely follows an ONVIF protocol, so when not using the cameras native app, it is a matter of trial and error in another system like BI to see if there is a protocol that works if the ONVIF/generic didn't. Unfortunately that make only has one drop-down in BI, so you will have to simply try other brands.

To be clear, in BI you tried:
  • Add Camera
  • Typed in IP address
  • Typed in Username
  • Typed in Password
  • Selected the Find/Inspect button
And what came up for make/model when you did that?

Maybe now that you posted the model numbers, hopefully someone that has that camera can provide what they found works.
I understood that EZ VIEW would work fine through the application, I had to make sure that technically I connected the speaker and microphone correctly.
I read the forum that BI has a small number of cameras that work with two-way audio. I thought one of the guys here could suggest specific settings for successful work.
It remains to write to Ken from BI and give remote access to the camera and hopes to implement the uniview in the next update